What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has Backlight bleeding?

Do you have an issue with backlight bleeding on your iPad 2 and how severe is it?

• Yes, very noticeable. Time for an exchange.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • A little but nothing major. It's a keeper.

Votes: 53 39.0%
  • No signs of any at all.

Votes: 54 39.7%

• Total voters

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, been reading these forums since I got my iPad 2 but havnt really had anything to contribute but I would like your opinion on weather or not I should return my iPad, I have some screen bleed, one dead pixel and a tiny mark under the screen which I thought was a dead pixel but now I'm thinking it is dust or something under the screen. I've added a picture of the screen bleed I hope it shows up it's a screen shot straight off my iPad. Does anyone know if chadstone apple store has stock to swap over if I do take it back. I have an appointment booked but it's an hour and a half drive to the apple store and I don't really want to drive there if they have no stock

Attachments

• image-248835088.png
    image-248835088.png
    276 bytes · Views: 331

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just had them order my replacement at the Apple store. They were well aware of the problem and didn't even need a receipt or anything -- they just immediately went through the motions.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
funforums5 said:
I have a little problem around the left side (sitting up) but it doesn't really bother me. No dead pixels though. Got mine the 22nd...

I have a little bleeding on the edges, but it is only noticeable in pitch black looking at a black screen, so I will never see it anyway, but as above, I am more bothered about dead pixels, which thankfully I have none

icouldsave.co.uk - help save money and the planet!

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the_john said:
I just tried everything suggested and can't get it to bleed at all. I wonder if there was a bad batch or something.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I did this as well and I didn't notice it on mine... But I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. I guess if I don't see it, then I don't need to worry about it.

On a black background (meaning LCD pixels are "off" but the backlight is "on") you will see white halo affect around the border in a few places.

I had it in 4 different places near the left corner. It was fairly noticeable even in the bright Apple store.

Shortbread

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first iPad suffered from minimal light bleeding and I wouldn't have returned it for that but it had a stuck pixel in the centre of the screen that was bright green on a black screen so I got it changed for that.

Second one appears to be fine.

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my iPad 2 Monday 9th May. Very little light bleeding to left and right of home button. Not worth hassle of returning tbh!

Brooklyn0610

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. I got my (first ever) iPad today and luckily have no light bleeding issues (and no dead pixels either) so far. I hope it stays that way.

Animalistic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine started with very little light bleeding and it was not an issue at all. But is been a month since a bought it and now is all over the screen to the point white backgrounds look like a mix between yellow and white and is just terrible and very distracting. I am thinking on taking it in tommorow and getting a replacement

Animalistic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Btw should i set up as new before I exchange it or the store takes care of that?

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine started with very little light bleeding and it was not an issue at all. But is been a month since a bought it and now is all over the screen to the point white backgrounds look like a mix between yellow and white and is just terrible and very distracting. I am thinking on taking it in tommorow and getting a replacement

I've got a feeling mine will probably get worse :(

cusechamps2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have blacklight bleeding and it looks as though its getting worse. I noticed it first day when I powered up my brand new ipad. Right now I have been reading to hold out for newer batches of the ipad 2 because it was an issue with the mass production of the screens. I have read some stories that people have returned them several times with still issues. I personally don't want to go through an issue of getting a new one and waiting a long time so I think one of these days I will trek up to my nearest store, however the issue there is its 70 miles away. Although I have heard there is a return right at the store if they have them if you have this problem!!!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I've got a feeling mine will probably get worse :(

Do they get worse? I have not heard of anyone stating that it got worse. Of course, they probably returned it.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has gotten slightly worse. I guess I'll just have to take an hour's drive and hope the Apple store has got some stock with the fixed screens.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I usually keep my backlight lower because the brighter screen hurts my eyes after a time, but I did notice significant bleed when I cranked the brightness all the way. Contemplating driving an hour to our only Apple store, but I was wondering if I would have any issues replacing it in-store since I bought it on apple.com?

Most reactions

Latest posts