What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has Backlight bleeding?

Do you have an issue with backlight bleeding on your iPad 2 and how severe is it?

• Yes, very noticeable. Time for an exchange.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • A little but nothing major. It's a keeper.

Votes: 53 39.0%
  • No signs of any at all.

Votes: 54 39.7%

• Total voters

ooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
arbor53 said:
Hi everyone, been reading these forums since I got my iPad 2 but havnt really had anything to contribute but I would like your opinion on weather or not I should return my iPad, I have some screen bleed, one dead pixel and a tiny mark under the screen which I thought was a dead pixel but now I'm thinking it is dust or something under the screen. I've added a picture of the screen bleed I hope it shows up it's a screen shot straight off my iPad. Does anyone know if chadstone apple store has stock to swap over if I do take it back. I have an appointment booked but it's an hour and a half drive to the apple store and I don't really want to drive there if they have no stock

I have bleeding as well. I think it is a part or bug in this model since others have it too.

pazman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my replacement iPad 2 yesterday as the screen bleed was shocking .
I'm pleased to say my new one is perfect no screen bleed at all !
Get it change if you have this problem as there not all like that .

Last edited:

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thought about replacing my ipad...but then I remembered this one is engraved! I'll live with the little bit of bleed.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Thisfob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the light bleeding issue for about a month and a half, im definitely going to return it but I was wondering if its possible to return my 16 gig white ipad2 and also exchange it for a 64 gig ipad by paying the difference. Is this possible or I am only able to get the same model back?

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took mine back today due to screen bleeding and dead pixel and spec of dirt under the screen, they had none in stock so they put a new one on order for me, the so called genius told me that screen bleeding is not a big issue and if it wasn't for the pixel and dirt that I wouldn't be getting a new one, and that my new one may have screen bleeding it's just how it is, so I told her that I when I come back I wont be leaving without an iPad 2 that is 100% perfect. I hope I dont have any dramas with my new one, but at nearly $1000 I want it in perfect working order.

Thisfob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took mine back today due to screen bleeding and dead pixel and spec of dirt under the screen, they had none in stock so they put a new one on order for me, the so called genius told me that screen bleeding is not a big issue and if it wasn't for the pixel and dirt that I wouldn't be getting a new one, and that my new one may have screen bleeding it's just how it is, so I told her that I when I come back I wont be leaving without an iPad 2 that is 100% perfect. I hope I dont have any dramas with my new one, but at nearly $1000 I want it in perfect working order.

That's pretty funny compared to what I had a conversation with the genius I called yesterday morning. He was very helpful and said that I will definitely getting a replacement for the light bleeding issue. The way I spoke to him that it was getting in the way of every use (watching Netflix,games, etc) and that I read in their forums that it goes away after a few days but mine hasn't for a month and a half. I gave him no excuse to avoid the replacement, he even said that hep they will make sure my replacement has no problems and my engrave on my ipad2 is not a problem as well. Pretty much the total opposite what you had talked about lol

Speed iRacer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Minor to moderate, bit its only noticeable on start-up. While watching a high aspect movie I cannot see it AT ALL. It's similar to what I experience with my samsung LED-LCD TV, it's only noticeable when you first turn it on doesn't happen while in use even with black/dark scene.

lickinfrogz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
waiting on return number 5. they say itll ship the first of next month...yup im pissed.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
Replaced my iPad 2 today with no problems. The new device is flawless!
How did you go about it? Did you call first or just walk in?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rambler358 said:
How did you go about it? Did you call first or just walk in?

I set up an appointment with a Genius, went in, told them what was wrong. They tested the old iPad, found I did indeed have a faulty screen and replaced it with a new one with no hassle. :) I also called ahead to confirm they had stock of my particular model, as it's an hour drive for me.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

unSOUND

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I know it doesn't get worse over time, so if is doesn't bother you now, it will only get less of an issue over time. I was lucky, my 2 iPads don't have it.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just wanna know when u replace it, do they give u a BRAND NEW set or just a REFURBISHED one? I heard those brown boxes mean refurbished :(

Animalistic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Horrible I just got my replacement and is worse than the one I had before. I am really pissed because I spent a lot of money calling apple right now to see how they fix this crap.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
unSOUND said:
As far as I know it doesn't get worse over time, so if is doesn't bother you now, it will only get less of an issue over time. I was lucky, my 2 iPads don't have it.
My bleeding has gotten slightly worse. :(

Most reactions

Latest posts