What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Drinks Coffee & Why

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought that my Dolce Gusto machine was great but that Kuerig looks amazing.......doesn't look like they are available in the UK though!

The Archangel

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Tassimo is pretty good, Gabe. Still only a few seconds from craving to satisfaction

Sent from my iPad using iPF

canmorechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Tassimo is pretty good, Gabe. Still only a few seconds from craving to satisfaction

I had a Tassimo who I loved. Sigh. More choices with Keurig, tho'. Naturally, I only ever drink the same dark brew with the Keurig, anyway...I miss the Tassimo cappuccinos. They're on sale at Canadian Tire...I may pick one up. I am SUCH a consumer.

canmorechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol. I will have to reskim this thread for one cupper recommendations.

Does anyone know which ones have inserts for Peet's, Green Mountain, Dunkin' Donuts or McDonald's coffees? I don't know whether the are DD or McD inserts, but I find their coffees drinkable when on the run and only fast-food chains are in sight.

Keurig has Green Mountain and some kickass extra bolds...that dude that says 'Bam!'...crapster...can't remember his name...anyway, his extra extra bold is damn fine. Ditto for Dunkin' Donuts.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
canmorechick said:
I had a Tassimo who I loved. Sigh. More choices with Keurig, tho'. Naturally, I only ever drink the same dark brew with the Keurig, anyway...I miss the Tassimo cappuccinos. They're on sale at Canadian Tire...I may pick one up. I am SUCH a consumer.

I like my coffee without decoration, but some of the cappuccino varieties are good. The bar code system appeals to the geek in me.

Love your town of Canmore, btw. I've stayed there quite a few times.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:

I had a Tassimo but my Dolce Gusto is just so much nicer (especially the hot chocolate!) but at the end of the day I guess it comes down to each persons taste. As an aside, I got my DG by accident, I was more than happy with my Tassimo but as I walked around a local supermarket they had a stack of DG's reduced down from £125 to £25, so I couldn't resist.....to this day I think that they had made a mistake with the price, I assumed it was an end of line stock but not at all.....and it came with loads of free capsules!

The Archangel

OP
AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Gabriel1 said:
I thought that my Dolce Gusto machine was great but that Kuerig looks amazing.......doesn't look like they are available in the UK though!

The Archangel

From what I can tell a nespresso machine or a K Fee machine (available in the UK) are almost identical to the Keurig.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
From what I can tell a nespresso machine or a K Fee machine (available in the UK) are almost identical to the Keurig.

AA

Ah, I've been eyeing up one of those nespresso machines.....I'll check out the K Fee too, I'm thinking a Christmas present to myself!

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I drink mine black with sugar, so would just want a simple, reliable and reasonably priced one cupper.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Thanks, everyone. I drink mine black with sugar, so would just want a simple, reliable and reasonably priced one cupper.

If that's what you want then maybe check out the Dolce Gusto......just one button, no LCD display, no flame thrower, no radio tuner, it's all done with the capsules.....I do love mine, the only reason I'm looking is that I've been tempted to stray!

The Archangel

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The wife just came back from Costco with this. $20 for 50 t-disks

image-3485971534.jpg

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If that's what you want then maybe check out the Dolce Gusto......just one button, no LCD display, no flame thrower, no radio tuner, it's all done with the capsules.....I do love mine, the only reason I'm looking is that I've been tempted to stray!

Ooh, flame thrower. I could make s'mores to go with coffee!

Thanks, Gabriel.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The wife just came back from Costco with this. $20 for 50 t-disks

That raises another question for me: Is there a diff among machines, like with printers, when some cartridges are ridiculously priced but the machine is priced inexpensively, to lure you into buying?

OP
AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Kaykaykay said:
That raises another question for me: Is there a diff among machines, like with printers, when some cartridges are ridiculously priced but the machine is priced inexpensively, to lure you into buying?

Absolutely. When "Green Mountain" acquired two Canadian coffee companies ( Timothy's and Van Houtte ) in 2009 / 2010 respectively, a great deal was written about the profit margins associated with single servings.

It goes way beyond the higher consumer cost for convenience and right to the origin of the coffee.
Less expensive Robusta beans are used in the process of making the pods.

AA

Last edited:

Most reactions