What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Drinks Coffee & Why

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm addicted... I only have two or three cups a day, but I MUST have them before noon :)

I just picked up one of those Tassimo single cup brewers a few weeks ago. It's quite a bit more expensive per cup when compared to traditional brewing methods, but since I only have 2 - 3 cups a day it's not all that bad for me... The nice thing is that it's much more convenient...... Stick in a coffee disc, push brew, wait for 30-40 seconds then drink :) There's no cleanup.. You just remove the used disc and drop it in the trash.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jwt873 said:
I'm addicted... I only have two or three cups a day, but I MUST have them before noon :)

I just picked up one of those Tassimo single cup brewers a few weeks ago. It's quite a bit more expensive per cup when compared to traditional brewing methods, but since I only have 2 - 3 cups a day it's not all that bad for me... The nice thing is that it's much more convenient...... Stick in a coffee disc, push brew, wait for 30-40 seconds then drink :) There's no cleanup.. You just remove the used disc and drop it in the trash.

Why did you choose Tassimo over the other options?

OP
AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
I've tried the 1 cups at work and they're good
but I am hesitant because of cost. I brew a couple of pots per day. If there's some left over I freeze it into ice cubes and chuck it into chocolate drinks when required.

I do like the idea of a grind and drip machine all-in-one.

Worst coffee story ....

Dead tired - needed a hit to keep me moving because I had a serious deadline. Stopped at 4pm in a little burg in southern Ontario, Canada.
The gas station had a diner attached. The coffee must have been on since the day before. Stewed.

Surprised it hadn't eaten a hole in the carafe.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. It can certainly start racking up. I tend to wait until Superstore or Canadian Tire have the packs on special. That makes it a bit more bearable.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why did you choose Tassimo over the other options?

A local store had a promotion on and the Tassimo was $30 off regular price :) After I got it, I discovered it's about six inches narrower than the Keurig and as a result it takes up a little less space on my small counter.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's see...I started drinking instant coffee when I started college and needed something to keep me awake. At the time, my parents bought Sanka instant coffee. Drank that for about 2 years than bought myself a coffee press. Can't remember the the brands I used for my pressed coffee (I think that's what it's called)...but that was very strong.

I tried an espresso maker, but didn't like the bitterness it had. My husband just recently bought me a personal Keurig maker which I love. The samplers included donut, black mountain, Paul Newman, star bucks verrana and a bunch of others. I now bought some pumpkin spiced k-cups which is very good at the moment.

I have about 2 cups in the morning and I am good to go for work. So that's that on me and coffee.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Starbucks Sumatra was our favorite but recently we have been using Dunkin Donuts whole bean.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Peet's, Green Mountain and Torrefazione. I enjoy coffee, but usually drink tea.

It's nice to have a nice hot cup of coffee, but it has no energizing effect on me. I can drink and go right to sleep.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I like Peet's, Green Mountain and Torrefazione. I enjoy coffee, but usually drink tea.

It's nice to have a nice hot cup of coffee, but it has no energizing effect on me. I can drink and go right to sleep.

Same here. I think I'm immune to caffeine.

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have to have my pot of coffee before I go to work. Since my husband is a tea drinker, I indulge myself and buy Gevalia. I love it!

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

It's the same for me. I guess I just like the taste.

Hmmmm. I have no idea why I drink coffee in the mornings.

OP
AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Kaykaykay said:

First time I had Green Mountain coffee was on an AMTRAK train, Montreal to New York. I expected very little from mass transportation Joe but was quite surprised by how smooth and tasty it was.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First time I had Green Mountain coffee was on an AMTRAK train, Montreal to New York. I expected very little from mass transportation Joe but was quite surprised by how smooth and tasty it was.

Yes, good stuff. I probably make it like Amtrak does, lol. I'm not a coffee aficionado, so don't use special technique or equipment.

Green Mountain was bought by Starbucks, but I haven't noticed a change, luckily. A friend subscribes, so Green Mountain is delivered to him regularly, and that's how I got my first taste of it. He gives me some now and again, because I don't drink coffee regularly enough to order.

Most reactions