What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japan

OP
leelai

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When we go to Disney this June--I will have to look at the Gate more closely when we are at the Park. I am pretty sure it is a replica of the gate you are showing here. I am the same with keeping tabs on everyone's carry-on. I usually will do a count total before we leave and periodically check through the trip to make sure everything is accounted for. I always make sure when leaving a seat to turn and look back to make sure that I/we haven't left anything. :)

I would say it is a replica of this one.....don't they have replicas of a lot of famous landmarks in different cities around the world? I look forward to seeing any photos you do take though!

I usually check whenever we leave an area when we have our girls with us.....just didn't think to with hubby, but I've now learnt! We were so very very lucky! You know, after this happened, I noticed a bag that had been left at a train station and I could see a laptop in it....there were people everywhere but no one touched it! I'm still so very impressed about what happened to us. ;)

Shezif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Such an awesome pictures... Haven't seen japan before.
I was amazed that there's buildings that survived the Attack against Hiroshima

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just beautifully presented leelai. An informative, warm and poignant write-up with excellent photos! And your description of that missing bag and its retrieval was edge of seat stuff for a few minutes. Thank you.:)
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

OP
leelai

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Such an awesome pictures... Haven't seen japan before. I was amazed that there's buildings that survived the Attack against Hiroshima

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it......I'm just so glad they kept that building for the story that it tells....it's a very special place!

Just beautifully presented leelai. An informative, warm and poignant write-up with excellent photos! And your description of that missing bag and its retrieval was edge of seat stuff for a few minutes. Thank you.:) Andrew Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

That's so nice Andrew and thank you!

It's nice to relive it all through writing this! ;)

Shezif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it......I'm just so glad they kept that building for the story that it tells....it's a very special place!
Have you ask if there's still nuclear fallout? Although 60 years passed but maybe the ground still have nuclear dangerous...

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow Sandra you put together an amazing travel diary and so wonderfully written. Malou and I are researching Japan as hopefully hoping to go in October for 2 weeks pending final cost. Your travel Diary answers so many questions for us. Thank you for your beautiful contribution.

OP
leelai

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you ask if there's still nuclear fallout? Although 60 years passed but maybe the ground still have nuclear dangerous...

I did some research on this before we went and from everything I found the readings in Hiroshima are negligible and perfectly safe. Also found that some cities in other parts of the world have far higher readings of radioactivity occurring naturally.

Wow Sandra you put together an amazing travel diary and so wonderfully written. Malou and I are researching Japan as hopefully hoping to go in October for 2 weeks pending final cost. Your travel Diary answers so many questions for us. Thank you for your beautiful contribution.

Thank you Col! That's so nice!

I'm so glad this is helping you, I did lots of research and I found it quite intensive there for a while! I guess more so as we didn't know much at all about Japan before booking our trip. There is just so much to see but I do think we made the most of it! I'm looking forward to when you go and can't wait to hear your thoughts too! Wish we were going again! ;)

Tyler_Barlow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, I am planning to travel to Japan next year and do you have any good place recommendation for seeing sakura?

TabletGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Leelai,
Thank you so much for the posts. I have spent the last hour reading them and enjoying the pics. I was in Japan just last year and went to a few of the same places as you. Right now I am sitting in a cafe in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. I don't know how old you are but I am in my mid-40s and if you were to tell me 20 years go that one day I will be traveling the world carrying a pad that I can talk to and be connected too everyone all at once in real-time, I would have told you that you need to watch less Star Trek!

MVIMG-20190827-153850.jpg

IMG-20190827-160428.jpg

Most reactions