What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the last movie you saw?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We are going to see this soon! We watched The Hulk with Edward Norton! Very good movie. What is Mark Ruffalo like as the Hulk?

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
We are going to see this soon! We watched The Hulk with Edward Norton! Very good movie. What is Mark Ruffalo like as the Hulk?

Be sure to stay to the very end! This movie assumes you know a lot about all of the super heroes, so there is very little character development. You see more of the Dr Banner character in this movie come to reluctant interaction with all the other characters. Can't really analyze the movie, as there isn't much to analyze but it is a spectacular movie.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great! Daughter is seeing it next week, I'll have to wait until hubby can go with me! I love these movies, a bit of escapism is always needed from real life!

Ldsdad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just saw the Avengers as well. "spectacular" is the best word to describe it!
But,
In order for it to make any sense to the viewer, you MUST watch the movies: "ironman", "Thor", and "Captain America" (in that order, preferably) or else the movie won't make a lot of sense. The Avengers builds on and resolves a lot of elements from those movies.

On a more sophisticated note. I also recently watched 'The Mystery of Rampo" a Japanese movie from a few years back. This movie is in Japanese with English subtitles, but for those of you who can deal with that, I heartily recommend this one; it is THE most amazing storyline I have EVER come across!
It's set in Japan just before WWI. It's about a scholarly author whose story he's writing starts coming true in the newspapers almost as he writes it. He feels a strong bond with the heroine in his story, and becomes almost obsessed with writing her life.
Lines between reality and fantasy blur as he meets her and interacts with her. At one point he writes a sentence one of the characters is to say to the heroine, but the character pauses, turns and looks at the author (the camera), and firmly says: "no." then does something different
As for the ending, well I won't give it away, but I promise you: you will watch it and then say: "Wow. That blew me away. What the hell just happened?"
Netflix has this on DVD for those interested.

Ldsdad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Vow.. Never heard of that one; it sounds like one of my wife's romance novels.
I shouldn't admit this too often, but as much as I like action, sci-fi, and (non-"R" rated) "manly" movies, the ones I will watch over and over again are all chick flicks. I'll have too look for "the Vow."

fleur07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ldsdad said:
The Vow.. Never heard of that one; it sounds like one of my wife's romance novels.
I shouldn't admit this too often, but as much as I like action, sci-fi, and (non-"R" rated) "manly" movies, the ones I will watch over and over again are all chick flicks. I'll have too look for "the Vow."

I love all types of movies, my mood like with music dictates what I watch.

Ldsdad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you seen "Super 8?" To me, it's Steven Speilberg on top of his game; i saw it and totally loved it, but I can't seem to find ANYONE else who can stand it...

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I watched the latest version of Thor. The first 1/3 of the movie, I watched it on my original iPad--until Thor got his power back.Then I switched to iPad 2, until Thor fought Loki back at the rainbow bridge, then I watched the remaining film on the new iPad (3), and WOW that new iPad was really incredible. The movie was pretty good too. I watched this movie on Netflix.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MattIM said:
I watched the latest version of Thor. The first 1/3 of the movie, I watched it on my original iPad--until Thor got his power back.Then I switched to iPad 2, until Thor fought Loki back at the rainbow bridge, then I watched the remaining film on the new iPad (3), and WOW that new iPad was really incredible. The movie was pretty good too. I watched this movie on Netflix.

Well that was a different way of viewing a movie and what a good idea to see the differences in the 3 screens.

I rather enjoyed that movie too!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Most reactions