What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your impression about apple customer care.

dreamerdonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently I purchase a faulty iPad 4. The problem is I can't shut it down. I think the button don't work properly. So I am willing to return it to the store but I can't do it right now because I am out of the country. I never go to there customer care before. So I don't know any thing about there services. Please share your last time visit experience here. So every one will know how they treat people. :D

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dont worry i bought my ipod from the us and years later i had problem with it and when i went to apple service center in my country they didnt treat the device as if its an alien product :thumbs:

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't know about where you are, but here in New Jersey the service is wonderful. They always either fix or replace or tell me how to do what I need to do.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You will need to make an appointment, which you can do on the web or using the Apple store app.

My first experience showed me that Apple has the best customer care in the business. I was totally impressed. The kind of support and treatment you get at an Apple store cannot be matched on Android.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experience is that it's much better in the U.S. than in Asia. In the U.S., they're more helpful and friendly.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I sought help, the Apple Genius Bar manager forced me into a small, windowless room where he proceeded to beat me into submission with his ear buds. He downloaded an iOS app that erased my "I Heart Android" tattoos. I would be very careful and heed the inscription over every Apple store entrance: "Abandon All Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here!"

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
When I sought help, the Apple Genius Bar manager forced me into a small, windowless room where he proceeded to beat me into submission with his ear buds. He downloaded an iOS app that erased my "I Heart Android" tattoos. I would be very careful and heed the inscription over every Apple store entrance: "Abandon All Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here!"

Very cynical (or is it tongue in cheek?) :|

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I swear it is true, I say. True, True, TRUE! I would not lie to the IPF because I know what they are capable of doing to me. Trust me, never mess with IPF, they are everywhere and they know when I have been sleeping, bad, good, you know the song.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:

Bob Maxey said:
I swear it is true, I say. True, True, TRUE! I would not lie to the IPF because I know what they are capable of doing to me. Trust me, never mess with IPF, they are everywhere and they know when I have been sleeping, bad, good, you know the song.

We do check out all of Bob's posts for truth and integrity, and I have to report that the Apple Store in Salt Lake City does, in fact, have the unusual attribute of a dungeon where dissatisfied customers are "re-educated". Some of their dastardly tricks include the playing of Justin Bieber at high volume to customers who complain that the sound doesn't work on their iPad, when they failed to notice that they still had their headphones plugged in, being hit on the head repeatedly with an iPad 2 and an iPad 3 to reinforce the fact that there is very little difference in weight between the two models and being forced to stare at a blank screen on maximum brightness with no ambient lighting to help them to understand what light bleed looks like.

The Salt Lake City pilot project is rumored to be going nationwide.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
KevinJS said:
We do check out all of Bob's posts for truth and integrity, and I have to report that the Apple Store in Salt Lake City does, in fact, have the unusual attribute of a dungeon where dissatisfied customers are "re-educated". Some of their dastardly tricks include the playing of Justin Bieber at high volume to customers who complain that the sound doesn't work on their iPad, when they failed to notice that they still had their headphones plugged in, being hit on the head repeatedly with an iPad 2 and an iPad 3 to reinforce the fact that there is very little difference in weight between the two models and being forced to stare at a blank screen on maximum brightness with no ambient lighting to help them to understand what light bleed looks like.

The Salt Lake City pilot project is rumored to be going nationwide.

Here's the Apple location Bob and Kevin are referring to, as seen from low earth orbit. We jumped in close for this one.
AA

image-900349773.jpg
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wfm_area_51_landsat_geocover_2000.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've always had very good luck with apple customer care. They gave me a price adjustment when I bought my 4 before black friday and on Xmas eve I called to see if they can give me a credit for my iPod 5 they couldn't give me money (could have been the particular person that answered the phone) but send me some earbuds and one of those device organizer pads.

When I went to the apple store to try to salvage my dying 80GB iPod classic with no AppleCare plan on it, they sold me a 120GB for 130.00 which was better than spending money to repair it. And for this I will probably always shop for apple products from the apple store. If you shop apple via Best Buy can you use apple customer service without an AppleCare warranty?

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have twice used the apple genius bar at the covent garden apple store and i am very impressed with the service i got. The first time was due to my apple tv would not do mirroring on my HD tv, but everything else worked, like streaming youtube / bbc iplayer from the phone or iPad to HD tv via the apple tv. so i booked an appointment and went there with my apple tv, and when tested it worked perfectly, the mirroring that is so the apple tv was not at fault. so the guy suspected that it was my net gear router from my broadband service provider and he was right, cause i took the router next day and in the apple store it it would not do mirroring. on the 2nd day with the router i just walked up to him without appointment but he still helped me out. after some tinkering with the settings which didn't help he suggested that i get a better router or get the airport express, which i did much later on and i have mirroring now works. but i was happy that the apple tv was not at fault, just the cheap router.

second time i went to the same place was when i got my mac book pro and it double registered me with the iTunes in one account name and not in the other. booked an appointment cause i was not familiar with the mac computer settings as it was new to me, the genius bar gentleman merged the accounts with me and explained me how the settings worked, he also showed me the short cuts and trackpad gestures which was great help. also because i was a windoze user, he help me with the mac equivalent of how to use shortcuts for copy/paste.print screen. all in all it was good experience and the waiting times in both instances was not long

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Nephew (13 YOA) bought an iPad 2 as a gift to his grandfather (my father) several months ago. The home button became faulty. My Nephew brought it in last Saturday to Apple and they exchanged it with a new iPad 2. Great outcome!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
My Nephew (13 YOA) bought an iPad 2 as a gift to his grandfather (my father) several months ago. The home button became faulty. My Nephew brought it in last Saturday to Apple and they exchanged it with a new iPad 2. Great outcome!

Your nephew did this?? With his own money??? That's so sweet!!!

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

Most reactions