What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favorite OS for your mobile device?

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Lol!!! I tried to like Android but it is not as polished as IOS.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

I have an Android phone that I use only when absolutely necessary. iPhone will be next for sure. I didn't develop my pure disdain for it until getting this blasted phone.

diegotonelli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
diego-nova.blogspot.com
Being a tech guy I find the IOS to be somewhat elementary. It's fine for those that want a simple OS and don't mind giving up most of the control. That's not to say I don't like it. It's great on my iPad for gaming and such. However my mobile device which acts as my mobile office runs Android.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
diegotonelli said:
Being a tech guy I find the IOS to be somewhat elementary. It's fine for those that want a simple OS and don't mind giving up most of the control. That's not to say I don't like it. It's great on my iPad for gaming and such. However my mobile device which acts as my mobile office runs Android.

I have owned android tablets and phones, but became tired of having to wait for updates to ics...if and when it came. I do prefer the iPad over the android for viewing movies, gaming, and work tasks. It's operating system just feels smoother to use.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
I have an Android phone that I use only when absolutely necessary. iPhone will be next for sure. I didn't develop my pure disdain for it until getting this blasted phone.

Wow!! That bad??

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I have owned android tablets and phones, but became tired of having to wait for updates to ics...if and when it came. I do prefer the iPad over the android for viewing movies, gaming, and work tasks. It's operating system just feels smoother to use.

Yes!!!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Wow!! That bad??

First impressions last. I'm sure not all Windows phones are worthy of being turned into projectiles, but after my HTC, I couldn't be paid to have one. I hated that thing. One reason I have an iPhone. I took the HTC back after it broke for the second time, and politely suggested the store might like to give me whatever was new. The iPhone 4 had just been released.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Originally Posted by skimonkey

I love fact that I can use my devices right out of the box even my new iMac. I have iMac 101 next Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've not had trouble with my Kindle Fire original (traded it in for an HD), two Kindle Fire HDs or Samsung Galaxy Note phablet. They do exactly what I bought them to do, and painlessly.

I especially love being able to easily load movies or photos onto my Note, which is why I've ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab. I can drag and drop movies or photos onto SD cards and view without prob on my Note phablet, and I have a bunch of SD cards and don't have to bother with iTunes. I can do it from multiple computers, which is freeing.

After three generations of iPhone, I switched to the Note. I had no interest in iPhone 5 after using my Note. When I next upgrade phones, I expect to stick with Android, and if my Samsung Galaxy Tab works as well, I might give up iPads down the road.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMNSHO, the tech world would be none the worse for wear if Android didn't exist.

You fail to understand that competition helps all consumers, even ones who don't buy the competition, because it forces improvements from all competitors.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
You fail to understand that competition helps all consumers, even ones who don't buy the competition, because it forces improvements from all competitors.

No, I don't actually. And I did state it was my OPINION.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I don't actually. And I did state it was my OPINION.

Opinions are fair game on this forum for reasonable discussion. Opinions in themselves still either fail or stand tests of logic.

Monopolies or oligopolies are clearly in no one's favor except those who make money from them. And as a matter of choice, it's better for consumers to have more.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My opinion might be different if Android and iOS were the only options, but they're not. Android, IMO, is a waste of space and resources because of the os being complete crap.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Curious....what is your mobile device which acts as your mobile office?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My opinion might be different if Android and iOS were the only options, but they're not. Android, IMO, is a waste of space and resources because of the os being complete crap.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it has the same illogic of Android fanboys who say that Apple produces dumbed-down, repackaged, overpriced crap purchased by people who don't know better or who don't understand technology.

Most reactions

Latest posts