What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the perfect stand to use with the iPad in bed?

scottrgar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would use a tripod, but the cases that have a tripod mount are expensive. The cheapest/most appealing case I have seen is a kickstarter, which means the developer is trying to get money to get the tooling to make it, so basically its on pre order
iLoqk: iPad 2 case with detachable tripod mount by John Stump — Kickstarter

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules. No external links.

Last edited by a moderator:

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
Doesn't say whether it supports iPad 2?

It's just a clamp so it should work with pretty much any similarly sized tablet - looking at the images, there's nothing between an iPad 1 or 2 that should make it specific to just one of them.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
incapete said:
It's just a clamp so it should work with pretty much any similarly sized tablet - looking at the images, there's nothing between an iPad 1 or 2 that should make it specific to just one of them.

I like it.

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Surboy said:
I am looking for a stand that will allow me to hold my iPad comfortably whilst using it in bed to read, watch movies, etc. Does anyone know what is the best choice of accessory stand available? Many thanks!

A standard document stand works fine.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am looking for a stand that will allow me to hold my iPad comfortably whilst using it in bed to read, watch movies, etc. Does anyone know what is the best choice of accessory stand available? Many thanks!
As I have just told someone else,I find my smart cover when rolled up into the stand is perfect in bed,steady it with one hand,I have stylus in the other.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just ordered one! After using my iPad for 4 months on my lounge chair, I need to try something to relieve my sore left thumb. Like the inventor I have not seen another good solution yet. I'm hoping this pillow type device will solve the problem. I'll be sure to post my review.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Looks like the post I referred to got deleted....lol

Last edited:

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ruradium said:
This is the cheapest solution for a holding an ipad in bed and sofa.
ipad holder for bed and sofa

Have fun clamping that to your mattress.

Last edited by a moderator:

jasoncyap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Joby GorillaMobile ori. I absolutely love this case. It has several different positions and its pretty stable even on a soft, uneven bed. You can position it different ways for the different ways you lay down and use your iPad.

Can't link anything because my post-count is too low, but its at: joby.com/gorillamobile/ori-2/

wheel9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also use the Joby Ori and like it a lot for reading in bed as well as a comfortable angle at a table. Also great for when you want to show things to a group.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wheel9 said:
I also use the Joby Ori and like it a lot for reading in bed as well as a comfortable angle at a table. Also great for when you want to show things to a group.

Weird looking thing, but sort of cool too. A guess a person can't have enough cool accessories :)

renatog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jduncan said:
Have fun clamping that to your mattress.

Most people have a headboard and a bed frame...like my Ikea one, I can see multiple places to mount that thing to.

Most reactions

Latest posts