What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the perfect stand to use with the iPad in bed?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be interested in hearing a couple of things about the i-prop pillow device.

I can't find any information on the "fill" material for the pillow, itself, on the product website. If it's those tiny packing balls, (frequently used on lapdesks), they tend to lose their shape over time resulting in the pillow "flattening" out. Not necessarily a problem if the pillow can be re-filled but I don't see a way to do that or a replacement source for the fill material.

Second, it's clear that the iPad is not held in place, i.e. not attached to the i-Prop. The video shows what I think is a strap on top of the i-Prop that can be used in conjunction with the thumb over the edge of the iPad to move the two together but I'm a bit skeptical about that operation. I'd be especially hesitant to try the one-handed operation shown in the video where the i-Prop/iPad are placed in the engine bay of an automobile. :D

eozen81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be interested in hearing a couple of things about the i-prop pillow device.

I can't find any information on the "fill" material for the pillow, itself, on the product website. If it's those tiny packing balls, (frequently used on lapdesks), they tend to lose their shape over time resulting in the pillow "flattening" out. Not necessarily a problem if the pillow can be re-filled but I don't see a way to do that or a replacement source for the fill material.

Since iprop has a zip, i believe if there comes a day and that fabric in iprop loses its strength i can create a similar one with a sand bag :) Think about a fabric full of sand, i believe it can work if we need to replace iprop material.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Since iprop has a zip, i believe if there comes a day and that fabric in iprop loses its strength i can create a similar one with a sand bag :) Think about a fabric full of sand, i believe it can work if we need to replace iprop material.

That's encouraging. I think sand might be a bit on the heavy side but if you can replace the "fill" with an equivalent substance, it's a good design feature. Hope you'll update with a review when you receive it.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iProp *Stand* Review

A few days ago, I ordered the iProp Standhttp://www.iprop.com/ which I mentioned earlier in the thread, and received it today. Assembly was quite easy and the construction very solid. What is portrayed in the Gallery pictures on the site is exactly what one gets.

The stand can be easily adjusted to different heights and angles and is very well built... overall, even better than I thought it would be. I am typing with it in bed right now and, though I've just starting using it, it seems to be the perfect solution for reading in bed to me. I have a feeling that I will be using this a *lot.* It's now clear why others have said that they love their iProps.

These are my first impressions...

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules. No external links.

Last edited by a moderator:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll wish you got 2 next, I did, one for upstairs, bed and bath and one for downstairs. Glad you liked it.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You'll wish you got 2 next, I did, one for upstairs, bed and bath and one for downstairs. Glad you liked it.

I'm already beginning to think that you are right. Thanks for your help leelai. :)

perpulhaiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the Hanfree stand starts shipping in November. $80...I might have order one.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
perpulhaiz said:
I think the Hanfree stand starts shipping in November. $80...I might have order one.

It's very much like the Iprop in design

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I slept watching a Netflix movie while dh ad his show on the tv... Now I had no problems didn't crush it etc but will look into it...my dh usually removes it if I fall asleep.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iProp and iPillow seem to have holders into which one inserts the iPad 2. Can you have the SmartCover on the iPad 2 when it is in the holder? Or do you have to remove the SmartCover before inserting into the holder; I.e., is the holder big enough to accommodate the iPad with the cover attached?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iProp and iPillow seem to have holders into which one inserts the iPad 2. Can you have the SmartCover on the iPad 2 when it is in the holder? Or do you have to remove the SmartCover before inserting into the holder; I.e., is the holder big enough to accommodate the iPad with the cover attached?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

I believe you mean the "ePillow" rather than the iPillow. Can't comment on your question but from the photos on the website I strongly suspect it would work with the SmartCover.

I do know that the Wedge-E works with a cover. (Have one.) And the ViewLounge, a slightly different design with a "bean bag" base does as well. The ViewLounge from Belkin is on sale until the end of September at half-price. That brings its cost down to $15. (Use "FB50" promo code.)

eozen81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A few days ago, I ordered the iProp Stand which I mentioned earlier in the thread, and received it today. Assembly was quite easy and the construction very solid. What is portrayed in the Gallery pictures on the site is exactly what one gets.

The stand can be easily adjusted to different heights and angles and is very well built... overall, even better than I thought it would be. I am typing with it in bed right now and, though I've just starting using it, it seems to be the perfect solution for reading in bed to me. I have a feeling that I will be using this a *lot.* It's now clear why others have said that they love their iProps.

These are my first impressions...

May I ask If it's easy to relocate, i.e. If you use it in the living room and move to the bedroom, is it heavy or unpleasant to do that?

Most reactions

Latest posts