What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading in bed - Needing a Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnergyHandyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
EnergyHandyman.com
Re Don't buy ****made in China. Buy a BWEASEL iPad stand (made in USA). Great in bed. Read review by Cynwit posted at this forum as well as other BWEASEL reviews

I wish the IPAD was made in America, agreed, I am a hypocrite.
Not a single item in this thread, except the ones that appear to be home made, actually let you LAY DOWN IN BED and look UP at the iPad.
That is what this thread should be all about, for the sitting up readers, they have a task on their hands.
I custom made my head board to be angled so it would be comfortable to sit up in bed, and in that case, I would just lay a pillow on my lap, leaving it inside the case as always. Buying a pillow for your specifically for your tablet is ultimate LAZYNESS. grrr!

The bWeasel is wire frame, and it wont hold iPad with case, and if you hold it wrong the iPad can slide out accidentally. If you need something to assist you in propping the iPad up, even if you use it in bed, the application isn't specific to reading in bed. For this type of propping get a GORILLA POD miniature tripod.
I sometimes get stuck in my car and I hang the iPad on the steering wheel, it is portable flexible, also useful as a tripod for camera, and most importantly it doesn't affect the case at all. (I know it is probably made in china) $19 is less than anything I have seen posted here, and they make all kinds of more expensive holders too for people who want basically a tripod for the iPad.

If you must buy something buy something versatile, something portable, or even better make something.

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We all have choices

So don't buy an iPad because guess where they are made?

The iPad is designed and sold only by an American company employing many American workers. Many goods as well as iPad accessories like the BWEASEL iPad stand are only designed, produced and sold in America. When someone living in the US has the option, they should seriously consider the benefits of keeping commerce in the US.

Help keep America working.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a thought guys, we are a worldwide forum. I am from the other side of the Atlantic to you, I buy many American made products as I also do products from other countries around the world. Let's think about this, and our members from other locations, including China, before this thread gets closed as some of these comments are completely unnecessary.

The Archangel

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The bWeasel is wire frame, and it wont hold iPad with case, and if you hold it wrong the iPad can slide out accidentally

The wires are Very sturdy, with superior strength/weight ratio resulting in one of the lightest iPad stands available. They are also coated so as not to scratch the iPad or furniture. BWEASEL users do not use a case, they use a soft sleeve, tote or a wide lab coat pocket to stow the iPad with the BWEASEL attached. In this fashion, the iPad is always ready to be used or placed in any location for easy and ready access and use.

To set the record straight, the BWEASEL iPad stand grips the iPad firmly and, unless one is grossly careless, the iPad will not slip out. In fact, no BWEASEL user has complained that this has happened. Please don't offer expert opinions on a product that you have never owned nor tried.

Cynwit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BWeasel

I live in Australia and buy products from all over the world and do not like my name associated with what appears to be a slur on another country's reputation. Believe me I spent hours searching for the best option particularly one that would let me use the iPad in portrait view for games like words with friends etc.
The Bweasel does not allow the iPad to slip out and you can use it to read when you're lying down in bed. But each to their own and viva the diifference!.:thumbs:

AceOfThumbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are plenty of stands that let you look up at your iPad. Here's a link to 3:
iPad, Tablet & eReader Stands for Bed and Sofa Use

I believe someone handy could make their own. Nothing magical going on with these, but I don't think I would have the skill to make something attractive enough for my wife's tastes, not to mention something sturdy and safe enough to suspend over my head.

Stands that prop up your ipad aren't really what I would want for bed. If I'm sitting, I would just move to the sofa or desk.

AceOfThumbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know. i need a longipedate stand. Somebody know that?
Had to look that up. :) Okay, a long-footed stand. Here are a couple:

I've used this one for about a year and it's solid as a rock. Nice long base that won't tip over. It raises, tilts, rotates from portrait to landscape and anywhere in between. When you don't need it it folds flat. If you didn't already guess, it's my favorite stand!
iPad 2 Stands - RISER IPAD STAND

If you want something cheaper, this one looks like it has a wide base.
iPad 2 Stands - THE RACK IPAD STAND

IpadGeekTron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've come to love these forums and love reading all the helpful suggestions and different view points of so many different people from around our great planet. So that being said, I would like to apologize to everyone in this forum who do not live in America but had to read the comments by some who lack basic common sense to understand that by having international trade where we all by from each other and share ideas, help promote innovation and helps to make the world what it is. Please know that not everyone agrees with their selfish point of view.

Last edited:

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guess this should be policialforums.com.... I personally try to buy from USA companies. If I have NO choice then I look else where but if the cost is only a matter of a few dollars then I go USA! Other countries make cheaper items because their labor force gets paid next to nothing. The decision is yours not anyone elses.These forums are for information and help, politics no. This is just my opinion so no need to give me any flack for it.

alanrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why not try using a spiderpodium. they'll cling to anything and are really sturdy. ive got one myself and use it as a staand when im in bed. they're only around £8.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions