What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the perfect stand to use with the iPad in bed?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
May I ask If it's easy to relocate, i.e. If you use it in the living room and move to the bedroom, is it heavy or unpleasant to do that?

It is very easy to relocate. I would describe it more as solid rather than heavy. Though the case around the iPad is made of plastic, it is particularly well suited to the iPad 2. I imagine the feel would be slightly different for the iPad 1. Assembly for the 2 requires the insertion of a couple of small pads into two of the corners of the case and a round, large, washer-like, foam piece around the iProp logo making the iPad 2 feel very secure and comfortable. It is also reasonably stable, and may be even a little more so with the iPad 1.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
retexan599 said:
The iProp and iPillow seem to have holders into which one inserts the iPad 2. Can you have the SmartCover on the iPad 2 when it is in the holder? Or do you have to remove the SmartCover before inserting into the holder; I.e., is the holder big enough to accommodate the iPad with the cover attached?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

With the iprop, the cover can stay on, but you cannot fit it into the holder with the iPad, it can be left to hang at the side, but I prefer to just take it off. The iPad fits nice and snuggly into the holder.

vinho1976

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely check out the wedge-e holder. It's made just for that...
I use mine in bed and couch all the time. Good holder, hope that helps...

moderate - no external links

Last edited by a moderator:

craftypepper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really in love with my incase lounge case. Perfect for me when lounging in bed.

Sent from my 32GB WiFi iPad 2 using iPF

pltan75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If some of you managed to get the Iprop stand internationally, could you please forward me to a distributor?

I'm in Malaysia :)

Thank you!

eozen81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pltan75 said:
If some of you managed to get the Iprop stand internationally, could you please forward me to a distributor?

I'm in Malaysia :)

Thank you!

I am from Turkey and my order is provided from Hong Kong supplier of iprop. You can contact with related sales admin from iprop_4_ipad from twitter account. He/She is very helpful and fast on replying.

Attachments

• image-1364320723.png
    image-1364320723.png
    153.9 KB · Views: 926

cristi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I completely understand your problem with the iPad stand...there aren't any out there that are a reasonable price

catfootfog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked at a lot of stands and then ordered a Bweasel stand, thinking - "This doesn't have a wow factor, but it looks useful. " Well, I'm THRILLED with the little light-weight device! It allows me to view my iPad 2 at *virtually any* landscape position. It's a bit less secure in portrait position. The iPad is held snugly, so there's no tipping off the stand when on an uneven surface, and in landscape it would be pretty hard for my cat to knock over. I use it on my lap, in bed, on kitchen counter, etc. It is quite sturdy but not weighty or bulky. it will still slip into my bag so I can go anywhere with it. Gives me something to grasp onto in a hurry, eliminating worries about the iPad slipping out of my hands. I can even hook my arm through the easel back if I need to use two hands to carry something else and don't want to put the iPad down. Sure, it looks utilitarian, but when seen from the front, the black holders blend in with the borders of the iPad. Apparently made in the USA too. :)

In bed or elsewhere -- this literally can go almost anywhere!

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for suggesting the Bweazel...it looks very useful and user friendly. I'm going to give it a try.

Never, never, never give up -- Winston Churchill

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently opted for the Belkin ViewLounge. I like it very much so far. I have a nice recliner with 7" wide arm rests and it sits well there, quite stable. Also, sits well in my lap when I am sitting up. And on a table it has a somewhat better viewing angle than wiith the Smartcover. With the Smartcover folded back, the iPad with the cover fits quite snugly in the ViewLounge cradle. Have not used in bed because I normally read while laying on my side with the iPad positioned parallel with my eyes and don't need the ViewLounge. So far so good.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

pltan75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am from Turkey and my order is provided from Hong Kong supplier of iprop. You can contact with related sales admin from iprop_4_ipad from twitter account. He/She is very helpful and fast on replying.

Ah thank you very much, however I wasn't clear enough. I am hoping to find a stand from iprop dot com. Emailed them but no reply yet.

Any of you managed to get this stand shipped internationally?

eozen81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah thank you very much, however I wasn't clear enough. I am hoping to find a stand from iprop dot com. Emailed them but no reply yet.

Any of you managed to get this stand shipped internationally?

Let me tell you, firstly I had e-mailed them and ask "I am from Turkey, which web adress can I use to order" but before they replied to this mail, I found out an Australian web site selling this product internationally which was THIS and I made my order from this web site with 2 black iprop as AUD $79.90 totally inc. shipping.

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules. No external links.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cynwit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a bweasel stand (only after checking out nearly every stand on the internet) and find it is great - in landscape or portrait, light and easy to insert the iPad into. I play games and post photos, blog and post to communties - at the table, in bed, at my desk and when having my chai lattes in the cafes. It is light, yet sturdy so you can take it with you (in another protective case, if you choose). The cost was very reasonable plus the postage was minimal (always a factor to consider when buying online). I live in Australia and the service from the American company was excellent.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Made a stand out of a hanger per the instructions on YouTube. Works great.

Most reactions