What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the lowest % you have taken your ipad to?

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The lowest I have found my battery was 2%! YIKES!did that scare you at all? Or what you knew about the battery's function you just plugged it in as soon as it shut down?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You get several warnings at various percentages. I think the last is at 2%. The iPad shut down a few minutes later.

It should not hurt the battery. The iPad shuts down before the battery can be harmed. However, never leave a fully discharged iPad unplugged for an extended period. If you fully discharge it, then place it on a charger as soon as possible. It is possible that slow battery leakage will eventually fully discharge the battery, reverse the current in some of the cells, and cause damage. By soon, I mean within a day, not x number of seconds.

Hold in mind that the 1-100% charge displayed for a battery is the usable range, as determined by the devices software. The physical limits of the battery are hidden from the user. Pretty much all modern electronics devices will prevent you from over or under charging and hurting the batteries.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, TPoet, you are a treasure! It is good to know those little details that I am fairly sure I would never find left to my own resources! A big cyber hug coming your way! ;)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
^^^^^This^^^^^

So, I guess that means 0%.

Probably. But since I'm inevitably doing something other than looking at the battery percentage when it shuts down, I couldn't say for certain. I've definitely seen 2% and continued to read (my usual wait for the iPad to shutdown activity) for several minutes.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
0% and it shut off lol.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
0% of course! hee hee I've seen it at 1% until it shuts down. I do about once a month just to recalibrate the battery %

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've seen 2% a few times, but try to plug in by 10% now, I don't want it to shut down in the middle of reading or watching something.

iBryant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far, I haven't hit lower than 40 since I've had mine for almost a week.

Most reactions

Latest posts