What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS help.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After updating from IOS 5.1.1 to 6.1 the device woks very well but the battery life is odd: Stand by is excellent, pandora and podcasts are excellent(screen not lit). However any time I'm using anything that keeps the screen lit, the battery absolutely PUKES! Such as; going through emails, calculator and apps. This is with the screen on nearly its lowest intensity and set to shut off after 2 min.

What I've done so far; close all apps to clear ram, reset network connections, light reboot(hold sleep and home button) "reset all settings" "erase all content and settings" which was a restore and back up (ugh) - to no avail.

My next thoughts are; reset through iTunes in recovery mode. Reset through iTunes in DFU mode- which I've never done and am not too sure about.

Id like to get info on doing this, or any thoughts in general, or, is this just the nature of 6.1?

Device is not jailbroken.

OP
Husq250

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My battery life is not as good as 5.1.1 but manageable now. Main changes i made were to disable in iCloud the "contacts" and "safari bookmarks" which i didn't have enabled with 5.1.1. I think they were trying to export and import data much more often. I really don't need the safari one and i can switch contacts on every month or so just to update it. Works for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts