What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brightness levels, battery cycles, need your help!

ICEHITMAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright, so here it is. They say the iPad 2 battery has 1000 life cycles. A cycle counts as 50% or more decrease in battery, given that 1000 charges with days off here or there equal 3 years before the batter dies...

Is it smart for me to set my brightness to the lowest level possible, given that it'll decrease the battery drain therefore increasing the overall life of my battery? Or does all of this nonsense not even matter?

Also... What's your brightness level set to? Mine is set to 10%.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright, so here it is. They say the iPad 2 battery has 1000 life cycles. A cycle counts as 50% or more decrease in battery, given that 1000 charges with days off here or there equal 3 years before the batter dies...

Is it smart for me to set my brightness to the lowest level possible, given that it'll decrease the battery drain therefore increasing the overall life of my battery? Or does all of this nonsense not even matter?

Also... What's your brightness level set to? Mine is set to 10%.

The iPad is meant to be enjoyed. I think that if you worry about the battery life to that extent, you'll significantly lower your enjoyment and hence the value of the iPad to you. I have my brightness set to auto; I leave it there and I don't worry about the battery. The battery is sort of replaceable too, by the user if they feel adept at doing that type of stuff (see iFixit for details) or by Apple for $100. Have fun - enjoy your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

Katoosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my iPad 1 for a year and never worried about the battery. I set the brightness high enough that I could see it and I charged it when it got low. After a year it is still seems new and the battery lasts so much longer than my iPhone.
iPad 2 seems pretty much the same. If you're like me you're like most of us you're going to get something new in another 1-2 years anyways, and if you really decide to keep using it past that 3rd or 4th year the battery is replaceable by an expert.

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not worried about the battery and my brightness level is set to whatever it was when Apple put it together. I keep my charger with me and I can charge my IPad 2 in the car through my radio.

deftdrummer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too change my brightness levels as I see fit or given the conditions without being anal about it. I agree with the others, just use the devise...the last two years of android have made me realize I've kind of been a customization freak so the iPad 2 is a huge breath of fresh air.

deftdrummer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deftdrummer said:
I too change my brightness levels as I see fit or given the conditions without being anal about it. I agree with the others, just use the devise...the last two years of android have made me realize I've kind of been a customization freak so the iPad 2 is a huge breath of fresh air.

And no I am not a tween girl... the ipad2 dictionary had a little too much to drink, and I should proofread :)

Most reactions

Latest posts