What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I see in my backyard...

Iriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are asking. We hired a building contractor to take care of our home reconstruction, it was quite the job to take on. Never would we been able to handle it ourselves. We did manage to build a circular staircase for our great room, but that was it!

Love that picture of the Chickens, Iriana. Do you have a lot of them to tend to?

Iriana,,
Love the chicken pix....

Sent from my addictive iPad using iPF

Thank you. Glad you like the picture. I love chickens. Their antics are fun to watch. When I have some kitchen scraps for them, I call them by clucking...LOL.... They spread their wings and run to me as fast as their little legs carry them, flapping their wings. The roosters point goodies out to their ladies, clucking repeatedly. They wait for the hens to start eating before they eat.

:)

Iriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Moose laying in the yard, chewing it's cud.

image.jpg

Iriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waiting for spring. This image of our turkeys lift my spirits during this long winter. :) I hope it does the same for you.

Tom and his harem.

image.jpg

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. Glad you like the picture. I love chickens. Their antics are fun to watch. When I have some kitchen scraps for them, I call them by clucking...LOL.... They spread their wings and run to me as fast as their little legs carry them, flapping their wings. The roosters point goodies out to their ladies, clucking repeatedly. They wait for the hens to start eating before they eat.

:)

That is too funny how they come to you like that, Iriana! I like how the Roosters wait til the ladies have eaten something before they eat. How gentlemanly!

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry scimonkey. I posted on the wrong thread...should of used the anything goes thread.The thing that tweeted my curiosity happened when I looked at your profile to figure out your local and read your occupation.

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scimonkey

never feed wild life...Though your good intentions are lovely it really not for the best nature wise.
just my opinion.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
scimonkey

never feed wild life...Though your good intentions are lovely it really not for the best nature wise.
just my opinion.

We have to feed the birds where I live or they'll starve. We had a horrific tree and berry season last year and a brutally cold winter.

I've become an advocate for the wild turkeys in our area. The way the humans see it, the turkeys
are trespassing. In fact - we've built our suburbs onto their territory which makes us the squatters.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Last edited:

Iriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is too funny how they come to you like that, Iriana! I like how the Roosters wait til the ladies have eaten something before they eat. How gentlemanly!

Very heartwarming to watch. They always make me chuckle. The roosters behave as if they just discovered the treats out of the blue. I love watching them.

Is this very close to your house? Do you leave food out for it to find?

Are these turkey you raise, Iriana?

We raised these turkeys on our farm.

scimonkey

just my opinion.

I know what you mean. You can't really feed the moose as they eat twigs from bushes and bark too. Hay is not part of their natural diet. They would starve with that. Some people have tried to help them with hay but it didn't work out well. If the winter and the s is gets really bad, the fish and wildlife cut down bushes and pile them up for the moose.

Some people feed deer and that has kept them from starving.

We have to feed the birds where I live or they'll starve. We had a horrific tree and berry season last year ANC a brutally cold winter.

I've become an advocate for the wild turkeys in our area. The way the humans see it, the turkeys
are trespassing. In fact - we've built our suburbs onto their territory which makes us the squatters.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Nice to hear that. I bet they are doing well. :)

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know what you mean. You can't really feed the moose as they eat twigs from bushes and bark too. Hay is not part of their natural diet. They would starve with that. Some people have tried to help them with hay but it didn't work out well. If the winter and the s is gets really bad, the fish and wildlife cut down bushes and pile them up for the moose.

Some people feed deer and that has kept them from starving.

They tried to feed elk and deer in Colorado with hay, dumped tons around one particularly harsh winter, but the deer starved even while eating the hay. I think it may not provide what they need - or may puncture them inside, I always saw them eating leaves and live plants when they used to come in the yard. I remember the elk being ok with hay though.

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freeboard forever...I sure hope that melt doesn't find it's way inside.

My wild currants are starting to bloom....that's what brought the hummingbirds back.
this world is hard on the birds...the numbers are plummeting.and just yesterday the tree frogs started their spring chorus.
that makes it official ....spring.

Iriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freeboard forever...I sure hope that melt doesn't find it's way inside.

My wild currants are starting to bloom....that's what brought the hummingbirds back.
this world is hard on the birds...the numbers are plummeting.and just yesterday the tree frogs started their spring chorus.
that makes it official ....spring.

That sounds so wonderful.

Here we have snow. Spring comes in May. We can start planting a garden first week of June.

Most reactions

Latest posts