What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what I dont want to happen

Dallasfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I dont want to happen...is to rush out and buy the first Gen....than 6 months later the ipad comes out with the camera and video........so should we wait or not.....DF

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't Wait

I have a feeling that the iPad is going to be such a "Hot" item, and you are currently "Hot" for the new device and waiting for the new 3G almost a month later is just too much... for most people to endure.

My suggestion is to buy the WiFi 16G version now (re-sell value - more adaptable to others uses) and re-sell the item after using it with kit gloves for the month prior. Just to keep its appearance as new as possible or "near Mint" like condition, then sell almost immediately to someone that was not as impulsive on product launch.

On the other hand, keep it and use it as a 2nd home or office device or pass it along to a family member that would really really appreciate their 1st Apple product or addition to their already adored Apple collection.

Either way, how can you lose. I have found waiting always felt good once a product was purchased after a period of delayed gratification, but there are those times when "Now" just isn't soon enough! I think this may be one of those moments.:ipad-front:

I and of course Apple themselves, have so many people wanting this device, most before they even knew officially what it actually was and based on rumors alone, to the point that it should be almost like melting butter over a toaster when it comes to moving one in order to upgrade your own.

I would not hold onto it long after the 3G arrives, the longer the less value your WiFi only version has. Yet Apple products do have a way of "holding their value" over their counterparts. :comingsoon:

rudeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree.

However wouldn't have been a better idea for Apple to sell the higher end iPads first and then release the lower cost ones? People like myself would not be able to wait and buy the more expensive iPad. Thus higher profits for Apple.

I suspect that Apple decided to release the less expensive units first otherwise again the media and the public would cry foul.

rudeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At the same time. Just curious why isn't Apple releasing all the different models of the iPad at the same time? Things that make say hmm.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There was likely some sort of regulatory snafu or issue on the manufacturing side. The 3G radios and antennas add an extra level of complexity. Now if they were being released 6 months apart that would be more worrying feature wise.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
time of release

At the same time. Just curious why isn't Apple releasing all the different models of the iPad at the same time? Things that make say hmm.

Rudeman, as i develop electronics device i know why Apple release the cheaper one first. That because the 3G need more assembling time and more quality control for every new products you need to test the assembling line, i have experienced so trouble (even with giant assembling factory like FoxCoon) than i can understand Apple prefer to start with the easy one (if i can say that) and during this time set the second one so we they release the 3G one they are sure to don't have some trouble and need to recall many device .....

This is just my opinion of an experienced electronic developer

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What I dont want to happen...is to rush out and buy the first Gen....than 6 months later the ipad comes out with the camera and video........so should we wait or not.....DF

Yup..and that is what will happen thankfully.

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can see the use for an integrated webcam on a iPad.

For taking pictures or any type of serious video recording... not so much. I would use a real camera or camcorder to take quality pictures or videos.

For quick snapshots I always have my iPhone with me. :)

The idea here is to have a device that fills in between the phone and the laptop and does it well. I don't want a bunch of second rate hardware and software eating up physical space and valuable resources.

That is what this is all about, right? :confused:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
rudeman said:
Takes time to sort out phone companies and also international aproval to sell the 3g version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't get why anyone wants a camera or video recording capability on a device this big. For a webcam, sorta I guess. But I don't have a use for that.

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My thoughts are pretty simple. To wait...is to be without. While waiting for the golden egg, you will be left spectating, speculating and priding yourself on the fact you waited for the better version. When has Apple gradually gotten worse with their te enology, updates or generations?

Regardless how long you wait, there will be a shinier golden egg coming out shortly after you decided to get in. If your waiting for the price drop...forget it. You won't be up for buying the apps, accessories and cases; which by the way are a bit more than most of us would like to admit.

So..get in and enjoy the ride, Gen1 will not be left so far behind. That would be 600,000 pissed Gen1 owners that would not sit quietly if a drastic price cut took place.

Jus sayin...

Most reactions

Latest posts