What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got my first iPad today

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today I played with the iPad 2 on display for a good 10 or so minutes. Definitely a sweet device, but I feel perfectly happy with my 1. I would have had to have both side by side switching back and forth to really notice a practical day to day difference. I couldn't discern enough of one in terms of my particular use. I surfed and it went faster but I wasn't seeing leaps and bounds faster, as in it's snappy and fast, but so is my 1. The 1 is plenty enough so that if I were getting for the first time now, I'd go for a 1 with more storage. But as it is, my 16GB is hardly filled up yet even though I have tons of apps, a bunch of books, some songs, and photos, so what the heck, still good where I'm at.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Today, I bought my very first iPad at Best Buy (1st gen) and I can honestly tell you that I love love love it! I don't understand why everyone wants the newest and greatest IPad (I was one of them).

After a week of scouraging stores to find the newest model I decided to just come down and buy the 1st gen. Maybe because they have the offset of wanting what's the newest or because they simply can, I love my iPad. It's a great device for an apple starter Like myself. I don't need a camera or a fast processor so don't think I'll worry about getting the second one anytime soon.

Plus the first gens are cheaper (what's to go wrong!?)

Lol, /rant

Terra browser app (free) is about 3 times faster loading than Safari on mine so I'm plenty happy with the speed of my iPad1 browser .
That being written,since having mine a couple of weeks I barely use the browser because other than searches I use apps for 99.9% of my online.
Tapatalk forum app( my most used app) is an example of how 1 app can tie all your forums into 1 app vs a bunch of bookmarks. Redbox website is slower than dial up to load but their app is super fast and easy to use is another example.
Walgreens is another one I use often and is much faster than the website to use. I also use Friendly instead of the Facebook site. Though I come from Android and use apps 99.9% of the time the concept is the same, just more apps to choose from.
Congrats on your iPad. 1 or 2 , imo, is a good choice!

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back home from testing out the iPad 2 as per my post above, and now that I'm on my own 1 again, I can't discern under my own day to day use any faster browsing in the 2. I guess I just half thought the thing would lift off or something in BB where I was. But funny, now that I'm home, indeed, I barely see any difference that matters in terms of web browsing, at least for me.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts