What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We need a 7 inch Ipad

OP
H

harlaquin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a quote from a pc world artical. " Apple is upgrading its 9.7 inch ipad with a faster ARM processor and is releasing a smaller 7-inch iPad in 2011, according to rumors. Digitimes reports that apple is set to release "an upgraded 9.7-inch iPad adopting a new ARM Cortex-A9-based processor and 512MB RAM in the first quarter of 2011." Apple is also prepping "a 7-inch iPad using the Cortex-A9 processor and an IPS panel with a resolution of 1024×768."

and zdnet wrote an artical about a 7 inch ipad as well here is a snipit "With most competitors racing to release iPad-sized products, Apple could shake things up again by introducing a 7-inch iPad. It could do so without seriously hurting its established customer base, as most purchasers would likely be those who’ve passed on the iPad due to price and size. The smaller iPad would be cheaper, and as I’ve seen with the Galaxy Tab would instantly appeal to those who pick one up. A mini-iPad would cement Apple’s dominance in the tablet segment, and create major competition for other 7-inch tablets due to hit the market soon. Existing iPad apps could run on the little iPad, so it’s a win-win scenario for the folks in Cupertino. A little magic goes a long way, as proven with the iPhone."

would have posted the links but forum wouldn't let me. just google 7 inch ipad and youll see apple is prepping one and will be out sooner then you think. guess samsung put a bee in their bonnet.

so guess im not the only one wanting a 7 inch ipad as apple is considering releasing one.

also a new article i read today say android has taken 20 percent of the tablet market. true thats not close to apples share but it is gaining.

Guess that is why apple is suing everyone left and right to try to keep android down.

So anyway I guess I'll get my wish soon enough lol:) and I know alot of you will run out and but the latest apple gizmo too lol you know you will..

everyone protests walmarts and then once it opens goes and shops there.

you will all buy the 7 inch and then wonder how you lived without it lol.

Love you guys :)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No! You can't, babe.:D

Attachments

• pinocchio.jpg
    pinocchio.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 201

CJL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad, Xoom and Playbook. I think they are all great and have different uses. The iPad is easy to use and my granddaughter loves it. The Xoom supports SD cards so I have several 32gb SD cards loaded with movies, music and other items which works well if I don't want to use 3G or WIFI and the playbook is very portable and intergrates well with my corporate BB Storm II using BB bridge.

Reaction score
CJL, my sister is a die hard Apple freak in every sense of the word but loved the Playbook to give to her husband for the dock feature . He is not a gadget or technology freak but as the manager of the east coast division of his company has had to move into the 21st century. She doesn't subscribe here so I can safely state, without him finding out early from my post my brother in law is getting a Playbook for Christmas and will thoroughly enjoy it for what it is.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Manchoa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.catarsis.eu
harlaquin said:
Here is a quote from a pc world artical. " Apple is upgrading its 9.7 inch ipad with a faster ARM processor and is releasing a smaller 7-inch iPad in 2011, according to rumors. Digitimes reports that apple is set to release "an upgraded 9.7-inch iPad adopting a new ARM Cortex-A9-based processor and 512MB RAM in the first quarter of 2011." Apple is also prepping "a 7-inch iPad using the Cortex-A9 processor and an IPS panel with a resolution of 1024×768."

and zdnet wrote an artical about a 7 inch ipad as well here is a snipit "With most competitors racing to release iPad-sized products, Apple could shake things up again by introducing a 7-inch iPad. It could do so without seriously hurting its established customer base, as most purchasers would likely be those who’ve passed on the iPad due to price and size. The smaller iPad would be cheaper, and as I’ve seen with the Galaxy Tab would instantly appeal to those who pick one up. A mini-iPad would cement Apple’s dominance in the tablet segment, and create major competition for other 7-inch tablets due to hit the market soon. Existing iPad apps could run on the little iPad, so it’s a win-win scenario for the folks in Cupertino. A little magic goes a long way, as proven with the iPhone."

would have posted the links but forum wouldn't let me. just google 7 inch ipad and youll see apple is prepping one and will be out sooner then you think. guess samsung put a bee in their bonnet.

so guess im not the only one wanting a 7 inch ipad as apple is considering releasing one.

also a new article i read today say android has taken 20 percent of the tablet market. true thats not close to apples share but it is gaining.

Guess that is why apple is suing everyone left and right to try to keep android down.

So anyway I guess I'll get my wish soon enough lol:) and I know alot of you will run out and but the latest apple gizmo too lol you know you will..

everyone protests walmarts and then once it opens goes and shops there.

you will all buy the 7 inch and then wonder how you lived without it lol.

Love you guys :)

You should also read this from ZDNet:

How Reliable Is the Source?

Digitimes is known for Apple rumors, some of which have proven blatantly false. Last November it claimed that the Apple tablet would have a $2,000 price tag. It's also worth noting that Digitimes is quoting its own internal source -- Digitimes' senior research analyst Mingchi Kuo -- therefore, it could be creating its own news and hype.

Sent from Tommy's iPad2 using iPF

Bikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't thanks. Any smaller and will be useless for several tasks.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bikie said:
I don't thanks. Any smaller and will be useless for several tasks.

Me neither. For goodness sakes, I used to carry around an A4 binder, my study bible, two notebooks, my diary, the novels I need to read for my course and a text book. Now I carry just the iPad... With the added benefits of being able to watch a bit of tv, listen to music, play games, phone friends. This is amazing to me. Any smaller and I'd have trouble with the on screen keyboard.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd buy a tablet half the size of an iPad. I usually take my iPad 1 or 2 on the go, but sometimes they're too big.

I have an iPhone, but I use it mostly for its camera and phone features. I use the iPads mostly for Web surfing and apps, which would work OK at half-size.

In many instances, the iPhone screen is too small for Web navigating and apps. For instance, news apps often display only a few lines of type at a time because they've got ads, headlines, photos, etc., squeezed onto the iPhone screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts