What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We need a 7 inch Ipad

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One of the main reasons I got my iPad was for mobile web browsing and a 7 inch screen just wouldn't cut it for me.. Actually, I'd like to see a 12 inch iPad.. I'd get one for sure.

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, thanks... No 7" iPad.

(Is there even much room to price between Touch/iPhone and the iPad?)

Worst of both worlds?
Too small for comfortable browsing/and productivity Apps,
and too large to fit in your pocket?

Why would I want to combine the drawbacks of each device into one?

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't like the large size of the iPad, just get a set of wheels and a pull strap. No seriously, might want to look at the new smaller Galaxy Tab coming out soon. I bet it's a real sweetheart.

AceOfThumbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
.. Actually, I'd like to see a 12 inch iPad..

+1 for the bigger iPad. Remember, they measure diagonally, so 12" wouldn't even be that much larger. If the weight wasn't an issue, I could see having a 20" iPad.

Now that might sound crazy, but just look at a 20" LCD monitor. You wouldn't hold it with one hand, but on your lap or holding with both hands, that would be pretty cool.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I too would like to see a range of larger tablets as an option. This would obviously mean a higher spec and costs the bigger they went, but heck, a 14 or 15 inch would be awesome

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One of the main reasons I got my iPad was for mobile web browsing and a 7 inch screen just wouldn't cut it for me.. Actually, I'd like to see a 12 inch iPad.. I'd get one for sure.

This is the same as my experience. I had a 7" nook color and found even that too small for web browsing. Wanting a larger tablet, I thought I would try an apple device. So far, I like the size just fine.

Reaction score
.. Actually, I'd like to see a 12 inch iPad..

+1 for the bigger iPad. Remember, they measure diagonally, so 12" wouldn't even be that much larger.

Lose the border on the existing and it could be easily done whilst adding minimal size and weight.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

akaroads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any larger and it's no longer a portable device but a luggable, I think they are called notebooks. Any smaller and the ease of use and features diminish. Here is a concept picuret of a rumored iPad. Best of both worlds if it is ever realized.

Sent from my iPad 32/3G using iPF

Attachments

• image-3758553008.png
    image-3758553008.png
    175 KB · Views: 280

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally LOVE the iPad's size. It is perfect. Small enough to take places. Big enough to really enjoy the web without squinting at microscopic text on a smartphone.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any larger and it's no longer a portable device but a luggable, I think they are called notebooks. Any smaller and the ease of use and features diminish. Here is a concept picuret of a rumored iPad. Best of both worlds if it is ever realized.

Sent from my iPad 32/3G using iPF

Oh yeah! I have one of those.... laptops. :D
That I leave at HOME because iPad is so portable but so enjoyable.

And is that a 3D iPad?

jman1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the size of the iPad if you want something more portable buy an itouch

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personally, I was referring to the introduction of a fourth member of the iOS line insofar as size is concerned, not to changing the size of the present machines. I'm fairly certain that there will be an entire line of iPads (call the devices what you will) in the not so distant future, much in the same way as there is a line of MacBooks today (with different specs and sizes). That this will happen is pretty obvious... no?

Last edited:

Most reactions