What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using iPad in bed

Jimbo67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I love watching movies and TV shows on my iPad in bed but I can never get really comfortable, I usually end up lying down and holding my iPad up but my arms start to ache after a while. Does anyone know of any kind of stand I could use.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jimbo67 said:
Hi, I love watching movies and TV shows on my iPad in bed but I can never get really comfortable, I usually end up lying down and holding my iPad up but my arms start to ache after a while. Does anyone know of any kind of stand I could use.

Just let your wife hold it for you.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A pillow? Seriously! I've never needed to buy anything. My handbag is also an option. I read in bed a lot! Lol

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
A pillow? Seriously! I've never needed to buy anything. My handbag is also an option. I read in bed a lot! Lol

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

If someone can think of it and someone wants it someone will make it and sell it. Some of the accessories I've seen cost as much as an iPad but apparently there is a market for this stuff.

Personally all I still seek is the right sound system. Whether it be Bluetooth, a docked solution, or something in between I still have not decided but I can tell you solutions start at fifty bucks and go as high as three hundred fifty bucks depending on what kind and brand solution I choose.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mainly use mine in bed! Lol. Usually I just hold mine up or prop it up against my knees, but the case I bought off of Amazon has a way to prop it up on there so sometimes I just use that.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Jimbo and welcome to the Forum!

I use the iprop and love it

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

macsniper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly! I have the same feelings. iPad is good but it's too heavily to hold it. My wife and i always change reading position to get rid of sore arms but we have no great solution at all.

iAdammTM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually have my legs folded towards me and use my legs as a stand, it's comfortable and a good position for your iPad to rest while watching films or w.e.

macsniper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually have my legs folded towards me and use my legs as a stand, it's comfortable and a good position for your iPad to rest while watching films or w.e.

Thank you! This is a good suggestion and i've tried it before. Do you know any good iPad mounts/stands in market?

iAdammTM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
macsniper said:
Thank you! This is a good suggestion and i've tried it before. Do you know any good iPad mounts/stands in market?

I just have a smart cover :/ but maybe you could get a table that goes on your lap so you can stand your iPad up with a smart cover?

Most reactions

Latest posts