What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to Sync movie to iPad

John Spogg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it's now been two weeks with my wi-fi iPad 3 (ios 5.1.1) and I've managed to find my way through most of it, however, I'm at a complete loss with this one. I've managed to sync music, books etc but can't get my movies over the pad.

I've found some great tips on this site on converting dvd's to something apple will accept.
One post was "Convert Your Videos - Idiot Proof (Windows)" and.. I followed it to the letter.
The conversion goes ok. They play great on my windows pc
I have tried both Handbrake and Format Factory to make both MP4's and M4V's.
The problem I have is in the syncing process

Dragging the file doesn't work (nothing happens)
I've tried adding the file to library (still nothing)

Sometimes, but not all I get the message from iTunes.

Some of the videos in your iTunes library, including the video "dvd.m4v were not copied to the iPad "John's iPad because they cannot be played on this iPad.
"dvd.m4v were not copied because the video format is not supported by the iPad "John's iPad".
"dvd.mp4 were not copied because the video format is not supported by the iPad "John's iPad".

Any ideas would be great !!

John

attached is the movie info

Attachments

• screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 323

Most reactions

Latest posts