What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MP4 movie won't sync to Ipad? Help

ericejs15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an HD movie in MP4 format that I want to sync to my Ipad but when I do itunes says that the Ipad doesn't support this type of file. I though the Ipad could support MP4 and H264. Is there a free converter out there I can use? I really just want some way to put this movie on without having to pay money to do so. Thanks!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an HD movie in MP4 format that I want to sync to my Ipad but when I do itunes says that the Ipad doesn't support this type of file. I though the Ipad could support MP4 and H264. Is there a free converter out there I can use? I really just want some way to put this movie on without having to pay money to do so. Thanks!

Hi here you can got Handbrake witch is free and the best converter i know

Hope that help

OP
E

ericejs15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I have read a few things about handbrake but i am confused about which preset to use? I see that many people just use Apple TV as the preset and it comes out fine. Is there any thing else I need to tweek for conversion? I don't care about space I'd like the best quality possible since I have the 64 GB ipad it doesn't bother me too much.

OP
E

ericejs15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it plays perfect on itunes, but when i try and sync it to ipad it says it doesnt support it. Maybe tis because the file is not the rights width for the ipad screen? I was wondering if the apple tv preset on handbrake would work for syncing it to itunes.

york2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have my iPad yet, but try selecting the movie in iTunes, then click the Advanced menu. There should be an option to create an iPad/iPhone or iPad/Apple TV version of the movie.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try playing it in Quicktime. If it works, then save the file as AppleTV or HD480 with *.m4v ending.

I just did the same thing today with a DivX-Video.

macmaniac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YOU must have a HD movie ???
is it!!!
you have to bring the bit rate down....... so if you use mac download videora link is
Videora Apple TV Converter Download , if you use window google a free one, I do not know

the movie/ video needs to be 640 by 480 with 160 kbs Audio.
i am on mac and use visual Hub for all my need and It works like a magic for my ipad

OP
E

ericejs15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have my iPad yet, but try selecting the movie in iTunes, then click the Advanced menu. There should be an option to create an iPad/iPhone or iPad/Apple TV version of the movie.

Thanks! I never knew this was an option in itunes. It worked perfectly.Took a while to convert, but it was well worth it! Oh... and HD movies look and sound amazing on Ipad!

bailider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Free iPad Video Converter is wonderful and easy-to-use iPad Converter software which can convert all your video files including HD video to iPad video and audio files that lets you enjoy watching any video on your iPad anywhere and anytime.

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score

we learn something everyday, I never knew you could do that either, Thanks for the info that works like a charm =)

Raffit78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tired the quicktime to save to m4v. it actually says it cannot save with that ending. I can choose to save either as .mov or m4v.mov (both)

Would I be doing something wrong?

Thank you

douggell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Movie to ipad

As of January 2011, I have exactly the same experience. I have discussed the matter with at least 7 support agents - all of whom profess confusion and then turn me over to another agent. I have given jup unless someone reveals a simple strategy.

Anil_Trinidad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I converted an avi file using H.264 Encoder - and somehow it saved the file as mp4. I removed it from my Movies Library in iTunes and renamed the file to m4v in Windows Explorer. I connected my iPad to let it start syncing - and dragged the m4v file to the device in iTunes - and it shows up and plays fine on the Pad now. I hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts