What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Restore your iPad using TinyUmbrella and SHSH Blobs

Aleksi86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks you guys for help, I very appreciated it. Since I already had an iPad 2 3G with 4.3.3 JB, I decided to upgrade it into 5.0.1. But then another problem arise. It won't connect to iTunes after verified firmware, and after I booted up, it like this and I'm stuck ever since.

IMG_0009.JPGIMG_0010.JPGIMG_0011.JPGIMG_0013.JPGIMG_0018.JPG

So what did I do wrong? And seems to me It had screen bleeding issue too. These two things are some way connected to each other?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nah, as far as I know, the bleeding screen issue has nothing to do with this.

If you've done the "try again" as suggested by the iPad screen (maybe more than once), go ahead and try again to restore the iPad. Note that if you are restoring a jail broken iPad, the best way for you to restore it is to first put it into DFU mode. Do that by these instructions: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html

Then, iTunes should open and you can accept the option to restore the iPad.

What I found easiest to do (since I just upgraded to iOS 5.0.1 yesterday - from iOS 4.3.3) was to (1) download the iOS 5.0.1 firmware from our official sticky (here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html), (2) put the iPad into DFU mode, (3) use the shift/restore option. By using the shift/restore option, you get a browser window to open where you can select the firmware you downloaded. It was easiest...

Then, it's sit back and wait. Once it's done, you do a few things on the iPad (sign up ... or not ... for iCloud, for example) and you are ready to go.

Then, unfortunately, you join the rest of the iPad2-ers who are anxiously waiting for a jail break for the iPad2.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Aleksi86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I already restored it with iTunes after get in DFU mode. But the thing is it encountered the same error after restored both with 5.0.1 firmware that I manually downloaded or automatically with iTunes. I tried again and it still could not activated iPad nor connected to iTunes, and again and again...

While my other iPad 2 3G wi-fi works perfectly fine so my comp is not an issue here...

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Aleksi86 said:
Yes, I already restored it with iTunes after get in DFU mode. But the thing is it encountered the same error after restored both with 5.0.1 firmware that I manually downloaded or automatically with iTunes. I tried again and it still could not activated iPad nor connected to iTunes, and again and again...

While my other iPad 2 3G wi-fi works perfectly fine so my comp is not an issue here...

Is your Sim card valid? Try the SIM from your other device in there. It is activation of the SIM which is the issue.

Aleksi86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your Sim card valid? Try the SIM from your other device in there. It is activation of the SIM which is the issue.

It didn't work either. Anyway, i sent it to maintenance center already. Thanks you guys very much for helping me out here.

reynawaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm using iPad 1 3G, i was in iOS 5, then when i reboot from update essential in cydia, i can't even boot tethered. so, i upgrade it to 5.0.1, i don't get any jailbreak, so i decided to downgrade it to 4.2.1, it's restored to it, but I'm stuck at the usb-to-itunes screen. so, i plug it in and it says "error occurredblabla" so, i reboot it, it can't. and now i try to upgrade to 5.0 again..but i just can't, i already use many of the alternative..by the hosts file, the TU, the redsn0w..and fixing iTunes error 2001, 3194..bla bla, please someone give me instruction, i don't want my mom to know, this..if she founds out, I'm going to be crushed.. i need it to be done on wednesday, thanks for anybody who would like to help me...

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm using iPad 1 3G, i was in iOS 5, then when i reboot from update essential in cydia, i can't even boot tethered. so, i upgrade it to 5.0.1, i don't get any jailbreak, so i decided to downgrade it to 4.2.1, it's restored to it, but I'm stuck at the usb-to-itunes screen. so, i plug it in and it says "error occurredblabla" so, i reboot it, it can't. and now i try to upgrade to 5.0 again..but i just can't, i already use many of the alternative..by the hosts file, the TU, the redsn0w..and fixing iTunes error 2001, 3194..bla bla, please someone give me instruction, i don't want my mom to know, this..if she founds out, I'm going to be crushed.. i need it to be done on wednesday, thanks for anybody who would like to help me...

For info, you can jailbreak 5.0.1 on iPad1 just fine with redsn0w, but first....

To restore back to stock 5.0.1, follow all the steps in this guide - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

reynawaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i cant jailbreak it, it says that the build is unrecognize... help me with this jb thing...thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Redsn0w is not ready for iOS 5.0.1, yet. So, when you first start the jailbreak you must have downloaded and then point redsn0w at iOS 5.0. The iOS on your iPad will remain 5.0.1, but the jailbreak will be done by using the 5.0 coding.

In other words, you need both iOS versions on your computer: 5.0.1 to install on your iPad to upgrade it and 5.0 to jail break and reboot your iPad.

Then, after jail breaking, when you reboot your iPad, you FIRST must point redsn0w at iOS 5.0.1. Then, after you see/get the acceptance pop-up from redsn0w, then click the 'just Reboot' button.

This "pointing" action MUST be done every time you reboot the iPad.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

ahtec

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a ipad wifi only 16bg with 4.3.5. there is no way to downgrade right? i read that the wifi only are a bit different, but this is not true right?

i just bought it, it came with 4.3.5. even being wifi only there is nothing to do right?

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right.

You need to have saved SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3 in order to downgrade the WiFi-only iPad2 to that iOS. Since you just bought it, there is no way you could have saved them. So, no downgrade possible.

Sorry.

Marilyn

ahtec

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you. what is the best thing to do now? upgrade to 5.0.1? its not possible to upgrade to 5.0 right?

amerwahid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i have iPad1 3G bought last 3 month ago.. first i got that iPad see it already jalbroken and been installed current iOS 4.3.3 then i open up cydia and see they save all blobs start 3.x to 4.3.3 then i accidently upgrade to iOS 4.3.5!! i jailbreak the iPad using redsnow the after finished i download and run tinyumbrella n got only 1 Shsh is 4.3.5!!

It makes me confuses and cydia has show only 1 Shsh and old shsh before already disappear.. What happen actually? Did i doing wrong on jailbreaking.. Till now in tinyumbrella i always seen 'this device isn't eligible to request bulid'!!..

Please help!

Most reactions

Latest posts