What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Re-restore IOS 5.x on iPad2 and iPad3 using redsn0w and SHSH Blobs

santic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Restore to iOS 7 fresh, then downgrade. Assuming your iOS 5 blobs includes working APTickets, you can downgrade through the iOS 4.3.5 blobs to bridge.

Ok, here's a dumb question: can i restore to iOS 7 and just leave mi iPad with it?

I don't have the blobs for iOS 7 how can i get them?

Thanks a lot for your help, this forum is full of great helpfull people :)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, here's a dumb question: can i restore to iOS 7 and just leave mi iPad with it?

I don't have the blobs for iOS 7 how can i get them?

Thanks a lot for your help, this forum is full of great helpfull people :)

If you mean whether you can just restore to iOS 7 and leave it as stock, yes you can. Note that if you upgrade to iOS 7.1 (latest), you cannot jailbreak it on that particular iOS. And the only blobs you can save are 7.1 blobs. You won't need them to restore at the moment because it's still being signed, and A5+ (iPad 2 and newer, iPhone 4S and newer, and the iPod Touch 5th Generation) devices do not have bootrom exploits so it's highly unlikely that they'll ever be used. You can save blobs using TinyUmbrella. Here's a little tutorial on it if interested.

If you still want to downgrade to iOS 5, you can after upgrading to 7.1, but note that you'll be limited on AppStore apps as most require 6.0+ and a nice chunk of apps requires 7.0+ to run.

santic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you mean whether you can just restore to iOS 7 and leave it as stock, yes you can. Note that if you upgrade to iOS 7.1 (latest), you cannot jailbreak it on that particular iOS. And the only blobs you can save are 7.1 blobs. You won't need them to restore at the moment because it's still being signed, and A5+ (iPad 2 and newer, iPhone 4S and newer, and the iPod Touch 5th Generation) devices do not have bootrom exploits so it's highly unlikely that they'll ever be used. You can save blobs using TinyUmbrella. Here's a little tutorial on it if interested.

If you still want to downgrade to iOS 5, you can after upgrading to 7.1, but note that you'll be limited on AppStore apps as most require 6.0+ and a nice chunk of apps requires 7.0+ to run.

Ok, great i don't have any problem if i can't jailbreak my device, the main reason i wanted to upgrade was that there are really few apps that i could install with iOS 4. so here's another dumb question (and i hope is the last one i make): how can i install iOS 7 if i'm stuck in this recovery mode loop? is there any official-Mac way to do it or do i need a tool like reds0w or so?

Thanks once again, its really desperating when your iPad gets stuck like mine is

UPDATE: found my way through it, it seems that my old version of iTunes was not cooperating. Thanks a lot for all your help

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Awesome, glad we had that sorted out. Always try to have iTunes on the latest version. You can also check this by opening iTunes and clicking on Help (Windows) or iTunes (Mac) and then Check for Updates. iTunes should also periodically remind you of updates if you've allowed for it to do so

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

Most reactions

Latest posts