What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The last I heard was that Apple fixed this with the latest iOS (5.1). Since it was a bug that allowed us to do this, I am not surprised. Sorry.

Marilyn

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Qwho said:
The browse2go browser supports flash but is $1.99, but apparently it is very slow so I will wait on it and puffin is apparently very slow too, anyone tried these firsthand?

Agree that Puffin is slow. Deleted it after only a few hours testing.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilynp said:
Hi
I know where the home button is but where is the sleep /wake Button ? I am really a newbie. Thanks

Have a look at this......

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-4170091453.jpg
    image-4170091453.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 285

ekc007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this is only a tip if you have not read the manual ...
You can create a sub folder to categorize your apps (for instance a folder called "Productivity") .. to do this drag one of the productivity apps and drop it on another productivity app ... it will create a folder and allow you to pick a name for the folder. Moreover, the folder icon will have very tiny micro representations of the icons within the folder (very cool).

Very handy, but I wish I could then lock that folder to keep safe from young fingers that use my iPad!?

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ekc007 said:
Very handy, but I wish I could then lock that folder to keep safe from young fingers that use my iPad!?

That would certainly make many happy but no this can't be done. There is a Restrictions feature in Settings that when activated certain apps disappear but this is only for native apps.

ekc007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
That would certainly make many happy but no this can't be done. There is a Restrictions feature in Settings that when activated certain apps disappear but this is only for native apps.

Yes we use the restrictions but such a pain to turn on and off frequently. Wish some would write an app that does this!!

brunodjkj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your iPad running slow? Maybe because lots of apps running in the background ?

Double click home button, then press and hold any app, you can then close them, you'll be surprised how many is there

mygsds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gtatler said:
Agree that Puffin is slow. Deleted it after only a few hours testing.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I use Photon costs a bit more but does a great job replacing Flash

Pat

Comyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't suppose there's an easy way to close all open apps in the multi-tasking bar at once? While it's definitely a first-world problem, it's kinda tedious to close each one individually.

Comyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, and great thread by the way. Most of this is stuff I've known or figured out. Or, in the case of 5-finger app swiping, what my 15 month-old has figured out. Sigh...

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Comyn said:
Oh, and great thread by the way. Most of this is stuff I've known or figured out. Or, in the case of 5-finger app swiping, what my 15 month-old has figured out. Sigh...

So why post this, there are new people getting iPad every day, this thread is for them. Maybe you can start an Advanced thread of your own.

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comyn said:
I don't suppose there's an easy way to close all open apps in the multi-tasking bar at once? While it's definitely a first-world problem, it's kinda tedious to close each one individually.

You can just power the iPad down completely every week... That clears it as well. But of course your 15 year old should have known that....

Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts