What's new
Apple iPad Forum

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
11,892
Reaction score
2,225
Location
Western NY state (USA)
The last I heard was that Apple fixed this with the latest iOS (5.1). Since it was a bug that allowed us to do this, I am not surprised. Sorry.

Marilyn
 

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
487
Reaction score
69
Location
UK
Qwho said:
The browse2go browser supports flash but is $1.99, but apparently it is very slow so I will wait on it and puffin is apparently very slow too, anyone tried these firsthand?

Agree that Puffin is slow. Deleted it after only a few hours testing.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
 

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
17,091
Reaction score
747
Location
Cranbrook, Kent, UK
Marilynp said:
Hi
I know where the home button is but where is the sleep /wake Button ? I am really a newbie. Thanks

Have a look at this......

The Archangel
 

Attachments

  • image-4170091453.jpg
    image-4170091453.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 257

ekc007

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 21, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
this is only a tip if you have not read the manual ...
You can create a sub folder to categorize your apps (for instance a folder called "Productivity") .. to do this drag one of the productivity apps and drop it on another productivity app ... it will create a folder and allow you to pick a name for the folder. Moreover, the folder icon will have very tiny micro representations of the icons within the folder (very cool).

Very handy, but I wish I could then lock that folder to keep safe from young fingers that use my iPad!?
 
Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 24, 2011
Messages
24,828
Reaction score
1,309
Location
Brisbane, Australia
ekc007 said:
Very handy, but I wish I could then lock that folder to keep safe from young fingers that use my iPad!?

That would certainly make many happy but no this can't be done. There is a Restrictions feature in Settings that when activated certain apps disappear but this is only for native apps.
 

ekc007

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 21, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
leelai said:
That would certainly make many happy but no this can't be done. There is a Restrictions feature in Settings that when activated certain apps disappear but this is only for native apps.

Yes we use the restrictions but such a pain to turn on and off frequently. Wish some would write an app that does this!!
 

brunodjkj

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 26, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
1
Is your iPad running slow? Maybe because lots of apps running in the background ?

Double click home button, then press and hold any app, you can then close them, you'll be surprised how many is there
 

mygsds

iPF Noob
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Gtatler said:
Agree that Puffin is slow. Deleted it after only a few hours testing.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I use Photon costs a bit more but does a great job replacing Flash

Pat
 

Comyn

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 27, 2012
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I don't suppose there's an easy way to close all open apps in the multi-tasking bar at once? While it's definitely a first-world problem, it's kinda tedious to close each one individually.
 

Comyn

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 27, 2012
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Oh, and great thread by the way. Most of this is stuff I've known or figured out. Or, in the case of 5-finger app swiping, what my 15 month-old has figured out. Sigh...
 

zipur

iPF Novice
Joined
Mar 2, 2011
Messages
502
Reaction score
25
Comyn said:
Oh, and great thread by the way. Most of this is stuff I've known or figured out. Or, in the case of 5-finger app swiping, what my 15 month-old has figured out. Sigh...

So why post this, there are new people getting iPad every day, this thread is for them. Maybe you can start an Advanced thread of your own.
 

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 17, 2011
Messages
141
Reaction score
2
Location
DFW, TX
Comyn said:
I don't suppose there's an easy way to close all open apps in the multi-tasking bar at once? While it's definitely a first-world problem, it's kinda tedious to close each one individually.

You can just power the iPad down completely every week... That clears it as well. But of course your 15 year old should have known that....

Cheers
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Top