What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadbraincell said:
i have ipad2, not sure if a model available for the iPad, i got a BT keyboard of Ebay (acts as a cover for the srreen when closed), i now have numbers along the topand far more pace on the screen :)

- but can't find the ruddy UK Pound key on it :(

hey ho lol!

I hardly ever use the Pound key I use the $ sign. Or sometimes I just write out some thing like.

It costs 5.89.

The pound sign s quite easy to locate I hit the number ?123 then the 123 key then I see the £ key.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just press and hold the $ and the £ will come up

I used to be all thumbs now I'm all gums I love dictating my posts!

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have several mp4 files on the ipad. I use a PC (no a Mac). I transferred (camcorder's native mp4 files) from the camcorder to a folder on the PC. I then added those files to the iTunes library (PC app). Then connected the iPad and from within iTunes I dragged those mp4 files into the iPad folder (left column). No conversion whatsover.

All except one mp4 played fine on the iPad.

Interesting ... I was able to drag and drop the files directly from the PC folder into the iPAD folder (i.e. without adding them to the iTunes library first) ... that did work but the thumbnails ended up being generic.

There are quite a few things about the iMovie on the iPad that makes it a dissappointment (google for recent review from a couple who spent an entire day playing with the app).
Well I'm quite new to this product but since I'm using Linux which doesn't support iTunes and actually I'm not much interested in buying anything from there I was looking for alternative . I'm using FileExplorer which connect to my PC over wifi and allow to transfer files in both directions without iTunes. Practically what I do is I download movie to PC and then from inside FileExplorer I watch it. Or I download it using FileExplorer locally on iPad and watch from ther. I found it ver convinient.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WitchOneSalem said:
I hardly ever use the Pound key I use the $ sign. Or sometimes I just write out some thing like.

It costs 5.89.

The pound sign s quite easy to locate I hit the number ?123 then the 123 key then I see the £ key.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

i run a small business, so have to have the proper pound sign in documents.

i can switch off the keyboard, and access as normal - just a faff really

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zipur said:
Just press and hold the $ and the £ will come up

I used to be all thumbs now I'm all gums I love dictating my posts!

thanks and a good tip, but not one working on the bt keyboard, it just repeats :9(

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i run a small business, so have to have the proper pound sign in documents.

i can switch off the keyboard, and access as normal - just a faff really

You could just create a keyboard shortcut and save the pound symbol with a two-character combo, like pp.

Birdmaestro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please forgive the dumb question....

I want to start a new thread here and can't find any links on how to proceed.

Thanks!
Poppy

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
therealriley said:
Wow this is a long thread. Sorry if it's already mentioned but has anyone not noticed when taking a picture with the camera app if you press the volume up it takes the picture instead of pressing the on screen button to take a snap???

Whoa..that's a new one on me! Cool.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Damn! I knew this but just forgot with all the other fantastic stuff(200+) that ios 5.1 gave us.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Whoa..that's a new one on me! Cool.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

You can also use you apple headset volume up/down as a remote picture button

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What! That's insane. Thanks Zipur!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zipur said:
You can also use you apple headset volume up/down as a remote picture button

That one I knew about,

Most reactions

Latest posts