What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

01steve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there an app whereby you can find free wifi spots in your area? Just a note i live in Johannesburg South Africa so it will have to be an international version.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
01steve said:
is there an app whereby you can find free wifi spots in your area? Just a note i live in Johannesburg South Africa so it will have to be an international version.

Several in the UK app store. Try searching for Wi-Fi. Not sure if they will work in SA, though it's worth trying them as most are free.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Didn't work for me but it was a pain to find this link
How to put the bookshelf in a folder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"Free Wifi" give it a search.I use it here in SA

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All Members

THIS IS A TIPS AND TRICKS THREAD ONLY......

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE.....

PLEASE DO A SEARCH ON YOUR ISSUE OR START A NEW THREAD FOR YOUR QUESTIONS......

Leelai
IPF Team

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
Yep I do. :)

Just hope I haven't scared everyone away...no one has posted since! :D

Except us crickets....

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We probably all know now that you get caps lock by quickly double clicking on one of the shift arrows, but my dad, who has taken to his new iPad like a duck to water, has just discovered that you can also get caps lock by touching both shift arrow keys at the same time, which he finds easier than double tapping.

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't seen this tip on this thread before, so it may be handy to have it here. There seems to be a widely held belief that you can't view Flash content on an iPad, but you can. If you want to watch content that requires Flash, download the cheap Puffin browser app from the App store and use it to view the website, or copy and paste a link from an email in to Puffin. I occasionally get a Jacquie Lawson card and view them this way. Works perfectly and has a nifty mouse feature to assist browsing.

Qwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The browse2go browser supports flash but is $1.99, but apparently it is very slow so I will wait on it and puffin is apparently very slow too, anyone tried these firsthand?

Qwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot get my Newsstand to go into a folder, after watching that video I tried, but I just can't get it to work, anyone else?

Most reactions

Latest posts