What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things that drive you crazy about the iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didnt swear i put it the * myself I wouldnt put anything bad that kids might see word wise but we worked it out like grown men and all is good =)

johnbrock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The other thing that could be done is a user file repository. Essentially a DMZ in the file system that is open to the user & applications but separate from the OS - a 'My Documents' approach. This and USB support would allow easy access to user files, uploading movies, documents, application back ups etc. and still allow the OS to remain closed off. An alternative to this could be an SD slot and everything on the SD card is user and application accessible only but again remain closed off from the OS. This still allows a convenient way for a user to add data to the iPad while still allowing Apple to keep a closed OS and file system.
Any thoughts?

I like this idea....a "my documents" area where everything goes. Keep the rest of the file system locked down but we can direct apps there to find stuff. For your SD card idea at least let use the camera connection kit.

I'm jailbroken and use iFile and Safari Download Manager so I have some of this flexibility already. Maybe we shouldn't HAVE to jailbreak but I feel it's necessary to get all we can out of our iPads.

So what bothers me? The "by date" sorting in Photos. That Apple made the camera kit just big enough to not fit most of the wrap around type cases. There were a couple of other things, but I can't think of them now, so they can't be too important! Lack of flash doesn't bother me, which is good as I don't think we'll see it unless it comes from the jailbreak community.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's OK... We're still going to keep an eye on this thread from high atop our perch at Super Mod Central!

binoculars.jpg

"We're watching you!"

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1 file sharing between apps or other pc's
2 slide to unlock is getting really old and while it made sense on a phone, it does not on the iPad....and it ruins some apps completely like alarm clocks
3 Flash support. People need to stop making excuses for this and stop letting jobs brainwash you lol. This is a Internet device, the internet has flash everywhere....it is a no-brainer. Mind you, this can depend on whether or not you frequently visit flash enabled sites or not.
4 no arrow keys...come on, really? It is not very hard to add arrow keys.
5 requiring to be wired to a pc to synch....what is wrong with wireless ?
6 no sd card, no USB, no camera, not enough ram

Last edited:

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3 Flash support. People need to stop making excuses for this and stop letting jobs brainwash you lol. This is a Internet device, the internet has flash everywhere....it is a no-brainer. Mind you, this can depend on whether or not you frequently visit flash enabled sites or not.

Job's concern over Flash is genuine. It has been a source of security issues for a long, long time. Adobe does a good job IMHO of updating it's software however so there is that side of the story as well.

I have Flash on my Droid 2, and I don't ever use it. So far in my use of the iPad I haven't been stopped by lack of Flash in doing anything I want to do.

I think if you did have Flash you may be a bit disappointed. Some sites are set up not to work with mobil devices even with Flash. YMMV on this issue, of course and probably will.

travroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Things that drive me crazy about the iPad?

1. This site, a message board dedicated to iPad, is difficult to browse with an iPad. Small page numbers, text input boxes that don't scroll, you have pinch and zoom to accomplish routine tasks. Ridiculous.

2. Every time someone asks to see my iPad, my iPad is either embarrassingly slow, doesn't do what it's supposed to do or somehow manages to make an ass out of its owner. "yeah I can see why you paid $600 for it."

3. Because of its lack of basic options (open file system or the ability to upload) the iPad is nothing more than luxury gadget. I could sell my iPad tomorrow and nothing changes. In fact, everything is that much easier on my laptop.

4. The OS is outdated. Boring rows of apps, settings that take multiple steps, can't have two windows open simultaneously.

jtsarby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I waited and did my homework before buying the ipad. As a media consumption device I am thrilled. As a work station in a pinch it is good as well. My only complaint is that I wish it had native mouse support without doing the jb.

As for speed, I have no complaints.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Things that drive me crazy about the iPad?

1. This site, a message board dedicated to iPad, is difficult to browse with an iPad. Small page numbers, text input boxes that don't scroll, you have pinch and zoom to accomplish routine tasks. Ridiculous.

2. Every time someone asks to see my iPad, my iPad is either embarrassingly slow, doesn't do what it's supposed to do or somehow manages to make an ass out of its owner. "yeah I can see why you paid $600 for it."

3. Because of its lack of basic options (open file system or the ability to upload) the iPad is nothing more than luxury gadget. I could sell my iPad tomorrow and nothing changes. In fact, everything is that much easier on my laptop.

4. The OS is outdated. Boring rows of apps, settings that take multiple steps, can't have two windows open simultaneously.
You have to scroll in a text box by dragging two fingers at a time.

If you surf the Internet in landscape mode text will be bigger.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love the touch screen I cannot even consider using a mouse. The iPad is designed for touch not to use a mouse. I guess you can't please everyone.

If one wants open file system get a laptop or a net book.

Regarding being slow I am curious what you are doing on the iPad that is slow.
Start up is instant apps load fast I could go on but will stop.

Last edited:

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad, bought it for it is and what is does and respect apple for creating it....focus on what it does and the convenience and the things I bought it for!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well its not really something about the iPad itself that drives me crazy, but its the fact the docking cable that came with my iPad has a much smaller connector and this makes it difficult to grab hold of since I keep my iPad in the case all the time. Even my last iPod Touch came with the larger connector on the docking cable!

I mean c'mon Steve! How much money can you be saving by using the smaller connector???

ipad55.jpg

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Totally agree about the touch screen, the Ipad's touch screen so far even compaired to touch screen laptops is by far the best I have used.

elmateo487

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well its not really something about the iPad itself that drives me crazy, but its the fact the docking cable that came with my iPad has a much smaller connector and this makes it difficult to grab hold of since I keep my iPad in the case all the time. Even my last iPod Touch came with the larger connector on the docking cable!

I mean c'mon Steve! How much money can you be saving by using the smaller connector???

ipad55.jpg

I am assuming it is not for the purpose of saving money. Rather small factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions