What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you sync music and photos in the new iTunes?

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With the earlier versions of iTunes, in order to sync music and photos, all I had to do was plug in the iPad. The sync happened automatically. I could watch the progress on the top bar of iTunes.

The NEW iTunes (11.0,0.163) doesn't do this.. I plug in my iPad.... iTunes starts, and then just sits there.

If I go to the top bar and click on 'File' then 'Devices' in the drop down menu, a side menu pops up with several options. One is to 'Sync', but it is greyed out.

So, the Sync doesn't happen automatically any more and the option to do it manually is greyed out.. How do I get new photos and music transferred to the iPad? I'm using Windows 7 and have an iPad 1 running IOS 5.1.1. I've had the setup for two years now and have never had a problem syncing until the latest iTunes showed up :(

OP
jwt873

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Never mind..... I messed around for another 1/2 hour and see that you have to turn on Home Sharing.... That was a nice touch leaving it off in this version. I guess most people instinctively new they had to activate it. :(

Most reactions

Latest posts