What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync iPhone into an existing iTunes account, how I go about it?

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all.

I run windows 7 Ultimate. To this PC I sync my iPad 2 via iTunes, all is well, no problem here.

Yesterday I was given an iPhone 3 (I think, it has rounded edges) but it still has a whole lot of the previous owners stuff on it. If at all possible the previous owner would like some of his photos saved off it before I make a complete factory rest and clear everything to original. That will be a question for the future as to how to go about it. :)

My question is 2 part.

Firstly how can I get these photos off the iPhone as the phone at the moment does not have a Sim card. I have Wi-Fi activated on the phone (and my PC) but I can not seem to be able to extract any photos of the iPhone or send emails+photos via Wi-Fi to my PC address so as I can forward them on to him.

Why is this happening and how do I go about overcoming this problem?

Secondly this relates to iTunes for the above. I am very hesitant to connect the iPhone to my computer at the moment as I do not know if such connection (at this point of time) will not destroy/corrupt data on my iPad by bleeding data from the iPhone to the PC (corrupting itunes data) or vice versa.

I suspect that I may have to create a separate account within my existing iTunes account to service the iPhone and thus enable syncing between the phone and iTunes (on the PC) and at the moment I do not know how to go about this......Any and all help with either or both question would be appreciated.

I apologise asking a double headed question but in this case I think they are inter-connected.

Regards

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
It will not affect your ipad in anyway, syncing it with itunes, what it will do will wipe everything on the iphone, as its contents are not in your itunes library.

You do not need to create a separate login, I sync three iphones, an ipad and 4 ipods to the same account/library with no problems. Its easy to setup different sync settings for each.

To copy the photos off, you are going to need to connect it to your PC. However make sure you immediately cancel any syncing with itunes that starts to prevent it being wiped, then follow the below link to copy the photos off.

iOS: Importing personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi DefBref

Thanks for your prompt reply. It sounds like a reasonably straight forward process. I just hope that I can find the cancel Sync button quick enough..

I will have a read of your link on downloading photos and as soon as the wife gets off the computer, I will give it a go. :)

I take it that an Sim card is not required for this process?

Regards

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions