What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things that drive you crazy about the iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing driving me "crazy", but some annoyances:

-Incomplete web experience (lack of flash support)
-Virtual keyboard should be qwerty layout with 5th row (numbers)
-Lack of multi-tasking (switching between open apps)
-Lack of memory card slot
-Lack of USB port
-Price

Nothing I wasn't unaware of prior to purchasing it. Still loving it after 4 months. I use the iPad 80% of the time (laptop 10%, desktop 10% until SWTOR comes out, PS3 0% until GTA5 comes out)

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At it's price it should be a PC replacement device. Most people don't expect to get an oversized iPhone for 5-900 bucks.
How exactly do you know what most people expected? You are speaking for yourself, and no one else.

Two things contradict your assertion: one sales of the iPad were outstanding. They did not get returned en masse either. And, two, at least one survey indicated a VERY high satisfaction rate for iPad buyers.

Anecdotally, no one I know expected their iPad to be a laptop or PC replacement. It is what it is.

Michael

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He is speaking for most of us not just him, for the price these thngs are going for, they should be more than an iphone/ipod with a bigger screen, sorry, but thats just the way it is..

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He is speaking for most of us not just him, for the price these thngs are going for, they should be more than an iphone/ipod with a bigger screen, sorry, but thats just the way it is..
Nonsense.

I illustrated, without making wild claims, how that is an absurd assertion. Now people that feel that way in a thread labled "things that drive you crazy about the iPad?" Well, duh. lol

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol says you 1 person when most in is thread feel the same way hmm ya I see how the math doesn't add up

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol says you 1 person when most in is thread feel the same way hmm ya I see how the math doesn't add up
Are you for real? Seriously? If so that is some leap of imagination you got goin' on there. I only see a few people shocked that it is an "over-sized iPhone" they only realized after-the-fact. I think most people did their homework and already knew what they were buying.

How about you list the people you think that feel that way and see if they agree with you? Should be easy, everyone but me. LMAO. Too funny....

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I bought the iPad in June, I knew it wasn't a laptop replacement. I knew it was a large iPod touch, and I knew it couldn't play Flash Videos. All that info was readily available.
I also tried it for a while at the store prior to purchasing it. No surprises.

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you for real? Seriously? If so that is some leap of imagination you got goin' on there. I only see a few people shocked that it is an "over-sized iPhone" they only realized after-the-fact. I think most people did their homework and already knew what they were buying.

How about you list the people you think that feel that way and see if they agree with you? Should be easy, everyone but me. LMAO. Too funny....

lol wow you have issues, go get some help..

When I joined this site, I thought it was suppose to be better than it is turning out to be, turns out no one is allowed to have a different opinion because you get jumped on for it, are we in highschool for crying out loud, ****

Last edited:

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol wow you have issues, go get some help..

When I joined this site, I thought it was suppose to be better than it is turning out to be, turns out no one is allowed to have a different opinion because you get jumped on for it, are we in highschool for crying out loud, ****
Get help? Is that how you deal with conflict? Personal attack. I'm done with you, kid. Unreal.

Michael

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If people think they know how to do a better job, they should do so. Any device is a compromise. You do not expect to pull a large trailer with a Civic. Apple has never made any false claims about the iPad, yet it is the most popular new device on the market. There are many things I would like to see on the iPad, and at some point, we will probably see many of them. We will never see flash and we will never see any compromises on its form.

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not mean it as a personal attack so I do apologize for the way it came out! We all have opinions but that does not mean we have to get mean about it, I am sorry!!

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not mean it as a personal attack so I do apologize for the way it came out! We all have opinions but that does not mean we have to get mean about it, I am sorry!!

It's cool.... I didn't mean to come off so strong either. So, I'm sorry too.

Carry on folks....

Michael

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First let's watch the language. Whether the censor catches it or not, using vulgar words will not be tolerated. Also lets' start being respectful. Anymore personal attacks from this post on will get you an infraction and some posible time away from the forum.

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They beat you to it and worked it out & apologized on their own, hookbill :)
Great forum, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts