What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things that drive you crazy about the iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one and only thing that drives me nuts is that my iPad is so portable, so easy, so fast and has replaced my right arm so much that I'm not getting *other* things done that I really need to :) Having the internet, my mail and a theater in something I can carry around like a book still amazes me 5 months later.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
USB Disk app for file management.
Apple port adapters for SD card and USB drives (plugs in to the I/O port)
Apps on app store currently to allow wifi printing (I have not tried this)
Keep hoping apple will come to their senses on flash!! Otherwise consider a web server app that will host flash and resend as html5 or maybe consider a jailbreak?
Use the zoom feature for text selection and hyperlink selection.

Thanks,

I really appreciate the suggestions. I wasn't aware of the Disk apps.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am not a casual user. I use computers on the high end every day. In fact, I was very critical of the iPad the first time I picked it up in the store. I thought it was just crazy that Apple made a device this large with an os for something no larger than their iPhone or Touch.

I was exactly the same the first time I played with it in store. I though it was nice but over priced and I would never use it. It wasn't until a couple of months later that I actually gave thought to how I use my current laptop and how practical the iPad could be that I decided to pick one up second hand to see if it fulfilled the majority of my needs with the intention of selling it on. Needless to say I still have it and it is my go to device for 85% of what I do - it's the convenience more than anything I enjoy.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just bought Atomic Browser based on what people in here said about it. So I go to make it my default browser. I spent an hour on this only to find out I can't make it my default browser. Now that drives me crazy, beca use just about everything I do from my iPad is related to something that will come from an email or an IM.:(

It was only a buck but had I of known that I wouldn't have purchased it.

In case you are not aware.
The best you can do is install a bookmarklet in Safari that jumps to Atomic Web with your current Web page, but it’s one extra step. This is a setting in Atomic browser that can be enabled.
Not ideal but better than nothing and will be even more beneficial with 4.2 and multitasking.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best you can do is install a bookmarklet in Safari that jumps to Atomic Web with your current Web page, but it’s one extra step. This is a setting in Atomic browser that can be enabled.
Not ideal but better than nothing and will be even more beneficial with 4.2 and multitasking.

I agree on multitasking, then it is a simple matter of copying a link, switching to the browser of your choice and pasting the link. Not as good as setting a default browser, but better than we have now.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I agree on multitasking, then it is a simple matter of copying a link, switching to the browser of your choice and pasting the link. Not as good as setting a default browser, but better than we have now.

The bookmarklet option will work better as well with multitasking.

Last edited:

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought Atomic Browser based on what people in here said about it. So I go to make it my default browser. I spent an hour on this only to find out I can't make it my default browser. Now that drives me crazy, beca use just about everything I do from my iPad is related to something that will come from an email or an IM.:(

It was only a buck but had I of known that I wouldn't have purchased it.

Jailbreak + Browser Changer = Solution.

kwgrimes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...I always copy my images from card to computer to my storage drive before doing anything else with them. This ensures I have the originals of everything I shoot backed up. Once they get backed up, I copy the ones I want to show over to a special folder I have set up for syncing with my iPad.

This is what I do as well. That way, as Deckyon said, I can keep my editing going from my laptop and have a "copy" for sharing on my iPad.

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol why we need flash so much?? um let me see, play games would be the main thing, for $700 the damn thing should be able to play online games!!! Give me a break!!

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After reading some of the reviews of other tables coming to market (Windows & Android) the two advantages that kept cropping up time & again are Flash support and USB file support. It seems the iPad is pretty much ahead is most other aspects.
This got me thinking to what could be done to improve the iPad in this respect.
Now it is a given that Flash won't be coming to the iPad - not a huge loss for me but I have said that I would still welcome it anyway.
The other thing that could be done is a user file repository. Essentially a DMZ in the file system that is open to the user & applications but separate from the OS - a 'My Documents' approach. This and USB support would allow easy access to user files, uploading movies, documents, application back ups etc. and still allow the OS to remain closed off. An alternative to this could be an SD slot and everything on the SD card is user and application accessible only but again remain closed off from the OS. This still allows a convenient way for a user to add data to the iPad while still allowing Apple to keep a closed OS and file system.
Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts