What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The thing I most dislike about my iPad is.......

dagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
....fingerprints!

I've had my new iPad just over a month. I like the device a lot, but I find fingerpint marks frustrating.

I clean the iPad every few days with a cloth, but still the fingerprints return.

Do fingerprints bother you or do you just ignore them?

How often you do clean your iPad?

dagi

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dagi said:
....fingerprints!

I've had my new iPad just over a month. I like the device a lot, but I find fingerpint marks frustrating.

I clean the iPad every few days with a cloth, but still the fingerprints return.

Do fingerprints bother you or do you just ignore them?

How often you do clean your iPad?

dagi

Agree

evohicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a solution, try using it with your feet, then you won't leave finger prints :)
Seriously though, come on guys what do you expect, it's a tablet computer, if you wanted no finger prints on the screen shouldn't you have gone for a laptop?
My Samsung GS2 also leaves fingerprints aswell as my ipad but you have to expect it as its a 'touch screen'
Only way to eradicate this is to use a stylus.

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
evohicks said:
Seriously though, come on guys what do you expect, it's a tablet computer, if you wanted no finger prints on the screen shouldn't you have gone for a laptop?

Err, yeah, thanks for that pearl of wisdom.

dvboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there some screen protecters out there that don't leave finger prints?I know some matte finish protectors claim this,but I wonder if they degrade the view quality?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it's bothersome...but just wiping it clean often solves that small issue of irritation for me.

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You only see them when the screen is off. So what does it matter? I think you have an obsessive compulsive problem.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It would be nice if the oleophobic coating lasted more than a couple of weeks. Sigh...

My biggest irritation is the lack of a handle. A victory of style over function. I'm embarrassed to carry my iPad in public, clutching it to my body in constant fear of dropping it. My wife says it looks like Gollum cradling his Precioussss. (Thus, that's her name for the iPad.)

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I always have a microfiber cloth handy.. There's one in my desk drawer, in my car's glove compartment, (and in the cooler weather when I wear a jacket, there's always one in my pocket). A few quick wipes and the screen is shiny clean. It's not really an issue with me.

Laphroyg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I give mine a bit of a wipe every day or so. I have applied a Matt screen protector on my iPad, but am unsure if I like it or not.
Even with freshly washed hands your fingerprints still leave a tiny amount of oil....if you have ever seen a fingerprint on a microscope glass slide it's quite an eye opener!

6mildollarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LannyC said:
It would be nice if the oleophobic coating lasted more than a couple of weeks. Sigh...

My biggest irritation is the lack of a handle. A victory of style over function. I'm embarrassed to carry my iPad in public, clutching it to my body in constant fear of dropping it. My wife says it looks like Gollum cradling his Precioussss. (Thus, that's her name for the iPad.)

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

The coating only lasts a couple of weeks? I could understand if the screen was cleaned with something other than a microfiber cloth (and a drop of water). I've had the 3rd gen iPad since launch, used on a daily basis and the screen is still as slick as it was on day 1. When the screen accumulates fingerprints, I just wipe with a microfiber cloth and it's as good as new. I don't wipe it down after every session though, maybe after 3 days or so.

Susiekc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get a toddy cloth. this little cloth cleans your screen perfectly. I keep mine with my iPad and use it whenever..they're colorful also.
Amazon or toddy.com

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wipe mine down several times a day.

Most reactions