What's new
Apple iPad Forum

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Afraid of cleaning screen protector and Angry Birds :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

rukass

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 28, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Home sweet home
Hey there :D
So, going straight to the point, I'm kinda afraid of playing Angry Birds and cleaning the screen - with that "special tissue" which name I don't know; the same used to clean glasses - because both activities require some extra pressure (Angry Birds because you have to scroll left/right for a few seconds and sometimes you get so frustated that your finger becomes unconsciously heavier :eek: / Cleaning the screen [protector] because sometimes there are this deep fingerprints that don't go away if you do it softly) and everyone says that iPads can't take that much pressure blah blah blah, but on the other hand some people also say that it's very ressistant and it's silly to believe that finger pression can break it blah blah blah.

Anyways I'm kinda confused and I wanted people that actually have experience with this device to "unconfuse" me. Thanks in advance :)
 

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Joined
Feb 12, 2011
Messages
673
Reaction score
26
Location
Levittown pa
rukass said:
Hey there :D
So, going straight to the point, I'm kinda afraid of playing Angry Birds and cleaning the screen - with that "special tissue" which name I don't know; the same used to clean glasses - because both activities require some extra pressure (Angry Birds because you have to scroll left/right for a few seconds and sometimes you get so frustated that your finger becomes unconsciously heavier :eek: / Cleaning the screen [protector] because sometimes there are this deep fingerprints that don't go away if you do it softly) and everyone says that iPads can't take that much pressure blah blah blah, but on the other hand some people also say that it's very ressistant and it's silly to believe that finger pression can break it blah blah blah.

Anyways I'm kinda confused and I wanted people that actually have experience with this device to "unconfuse" me. Thanks in advance :)

Ummm.......

You may clean your screen AND play Angry Birds afterwards.

The great and powerful Oz has spoken.

Good luck on your quest to rid cyberspace of those thieving green pigs!
 

Max Death

iPF Noob
Joined
Feb 20, 2011
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
Usa
Clean your screen with a micro fiber cloth but stay away from most cleaners. Don't worry about playing angry birds unless you plan on playing with a hammer. Your iPad should last for years with decent care. iPads are actually quite robust. Don't treat it any different then you would any other electronic device.
 

zphone

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
465
Reaction score
14
Location
Vancouver
I don't think you need to worry that much. I must have dropped my iPhone a dozen times onto our tile floor from my pocket and no problems so far.

I would not say that you cannot damage it with finger pressure but it's unlikely unless you are the hulk.
 
OP
R

rukass

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 28, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Home sweet home
Ummm.......

You may clean your screen AND play Angry Birds afterwards.

The great and powerful Oz has spoken.

Good luck on your quest to rid cyberspace of those thieving green pigs!

Clean your screen with a micro fiber cloth but stay away from most cleaners. Don't worry about playing angry birds unless you plan on playing with a hammer. Your iPad should last for years with decent care. iPads are actually quite robust. Don't treat it any different then you would any other electronic device.


I've had no problems so far with this cleaner and I've used it to clean phones and MP3s screens. My question is if the pressure applied to clean the screen (of course it can't be compared with an hammer, but for applifying results let's consider it's a pretty strong one) can somehow damage it.
 
OP
R

rukass

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 28, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Home sweet home
I don't think you need to worry that much. I must have dropped my iPhone a dozen times onto our tile floor from my pocket and no problems so far.

I would not say that you cannot damage it with finger pressure but it's unlikely unless you are the hulk.

So, if I'm getting you straight, there's an "unlikely" possibility that I actually am the Hulk?!
Dude can I give you my ex number so that you can say that to her?
 

zphone

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
465
Reaction score
14
Location
Vancouver
rukass said:
So, if I'm getting you straight, there's an "unlikely" possibility that I actually am the Hulk?!
Dude can I give you my ex number so that you can say that to her?

Yes and yes, if you end up damaging your iPad with just normal finger pressure I will indeed verify that you have the strength of the hulk to your ex.

If you've ever seen kids play with them it's unlikely you can do better.
 

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Joined
Feb 12, 2011
Messages
673
Reaction score
26
Location
Levittown pa
rukass said:
I've had no problems so far with this cleaner and I've used it to clean phones and MP3s screens. My question is if the pressure applied to clean the screen (of course it can't be compared with an hammer, but for applifying results let's consider it's a pretty strong one) can somehow damage it.

I wouldn't worry about harming the device with finger pressure unless as someone said you are the Hulk.

Relax, enjoy, kill green thieving pigs!
 
OP
R

rukass

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 28, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Home sweet home
Yes and yes, if you end up damaging your iPad with just normal finger pressure I will indeed verify that you have the strength of the hulk to your ex.

If you've ever seen kids play with them it's unlikely you can do better.

Problem is that when you are cleaning the screen [protector] (and also on Angry Birds when they are the ones making you angry) you are using more than normal finger pressure and that's what I'm concerned about.
And kids on youtube seem to know how to treat this peace of beauty :p
 

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 17, 2012
Messages
92
Reaction score
1
Location
Brisbane, QLD
Are you afraid of breaking a window when you clean it? The screen has gorilla glass on it, you're not going to break it with your fingers.
 

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Sep 11, 2011
Messages
18,938
Reaction score
1,405
Location
Michigan. USA
Problem is that when you are cleaning the screen [protector] (and also on Angry Birds when they are the ones making you angry) you are using more than normal finger pressure and that's what I'm concerned about.
And kids on youtube seem to know how to treat this peace of beauty :p

Rukass-

As what the other members have said-you will not break the glass while cleaning the screen-unless you pound the screen with your fists.

This thread seems to have gone as far as it could to help you. I am going to close this thread now. Thanks for your understanding.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Top