What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Queen Wants an iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Queen.JPG

According to a news item on MacStories taken from today’s Sun newspaper in the UK, the Queen of England has asked that her staff buy her an iPad after her grandsons Prince William and Prince Harry showed her their iPads at a recent family event at Buckingham Palace (wasn't there some sort of wedding shindig there recently?!). According to The Sun, quoting a royal insider, the Queen was well impressed with how easy the iPad is to use, and she also liked the big screen and how light it was. MacStories adds that the Queen is already familiar with Apple products, having bought a £169 silver iPod in 2005 as well as receiving an iPod from US President Barack Obama in 2009, pre-loaded with photos from the Queen’s official US visit in 2008. According to The Sun, the Princes think their grandma’s interest in the iPad is a lot of fun, and they “love the fact that their gran wants an iPad and think she’s really cool.†A fun story, which may or may not be true, we have no way of knowing, but I’m sure most of us have experience of our elderly relatives being captivated by our iPads even if they’ve never shown an interest in technology before, and it really is cool when that happens!

Source: Queen Of England Demands An iPad!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maura said:
According to a news item on MacStories taken from today’s Sun newspaper in the UK, the Queen of England has asked that her staff buy her an iPad after her grandsons Prince William and Prince Harry showed her their iPads at a recent family event at Buckingham Palace (wasn't there some sort of wedding shindig there recently?!). According to The Sun, quoting a royal insider, the Queen was well impressed with how easy the iPad is to use, and she also liked the big screen and how light it was. MacStories adds that the Queen is already familiar with Apple products, having bought a £169 silver iPod in 2005 as well as receiving an iPod from US President Barack Obama in 2009, pre-loaded with photos from the Queen’s official US visit in 2008. According to The Sun, the Princes think their grandma’s interest in the iPad is a lot of fun, and they “love the fact that their gran wants an iPad and think she’s really cool.” A fun story, which may or may not be true, we have no way of knowing, but I’m sure most of us have experience of our elderly relatives being captivated by our iPads even if they’ve never shown an interest in technology before, and it really is cool when that happens!

Source: Queen Of England Demands An iPad!

Well, the iPad owner age thread tells it all, you know!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay i dont mean to derail this thread, but how does barack obama put pictures on the ipoad he gave the queen, meaning he had to register the device to his i tunes account, or the queen gave barack her login and password and barack the registered for the queen and uploaded the pictures for her. Something is wrong here, what am i missing ?

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Okay i dont mean to derail this thread, but how does barack obama put pictures on the ipoad he gave the queen, meaning he had to register the device to his i tunes account, or the queen gave barack her login and password and barack the registered for the queen and uploaded the pictures for her. Something is wrong here, what am i missing ?

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

-what?

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Serect Service took care of that and they run i through a program that does not show up who the device is or who it belongs to ..

The security protocols they have in place for them to use apple devices inside the White house ..

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Norriemca said:
Queen Elizabeth 2 is the Queen of Great Britain NOT the Queen of England

A lot of people call us England but we know it's UK so I kind of ignored that bit. 

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Clearly we'll have to watch for her on iPF. I wonder what her screen name and avatar will be?

Tim

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
She Who Must Be Obeyed?...............wait my wife uses that one.......

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Where is the nearest Apple store to Buck Palace? Will see her queueing up there any day now for a backlight bleed replacement... :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think her first app will be the 'Will and Kate' app, that's been advertised (at least in the UK) on the iPF banner for some time now.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts