What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New York Yankees HATE iPads.

Futurebird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all. I live a few blocks from Yankee Stadium in the Bronx. I really love my neighborhood and... most of the time I'm a Yankees fan... but NOT TONIGHT.

My husband got some tickets from a friend so when he got home from work he told me to meet him at the stadium. I had some stuff to wrap up at home so I got there quite late ... 7th inning... but seeing some of the game is better than nothing, right?

I grabbed my iPad and started reading about the game during my 4 block walk to the stadium. 4 - 0 Yankees! I was feeling good!

In any case, after being told to walk from gate to gate to gate to gate to get to the right entrance-- the guard looks at my iPad and say "You can't bring computers in they are a security risk."

"What?"

"No computers you can't come in."

"But... it's just like an iPhone..."

"No, that's the policy."

"My husband is in there and he dosen't know where I am!"

"I can't help you."

:mad:

I was so mad! First of all any of the other guards I spoke to could have told this to me BEFORE they sent me walking to the other side of the stadium... I might have been able to have gone home to drop it off in time.

But it was already the 7th and I figured the game would be over by then.

Yeah, I bet they print this stupid rule on the ticket or something... but, that's not the point --it just defies logic. I challenge all of you to give me ONE GOOD reason why an iPad is a security risk when and iPhone is not!

I went off to watch the game at Yankee Tavern, a local bar. On the way over I muttered "I hope the twins win!"

Well, the twins DID win, in an surprise comeback! They first tied the game with a grand slam... then went on to score in the top of the tenth 5 - 4 Twins.

Normally, I'd be devastated, but tonight I say... It serves the Yankees right!!

(I was not the only iPad owner locked out, there were two others at the gate still trying to convince the guards. The policy is beyond dumb. It's making the Yankees look bad.)

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They don't hate iPads. They just don't want spectators distracted from the game.

OP
Futurebird

Futurebird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They don't hate iPads. They just don't want spectators distracted from the game.

LOL. Yup, that's gotta be it-- they are just try to help me pay attention-- kind of like my high school history teacher.

(good one! ;))

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm also a Yankees fan, and that is what I remember reading when I heard about the ban last May.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You hoped the Twins won? You should be kicked out of NY. And claiming the Yankees HATE the iPads is absurd. Unbelievable.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Hmmm, that got me thinking... What is a threat in a computer? Viruses! So why would the Yanks be afraid of computer viruses?

I got it! They players are androids or cyborg. That would be a major security risk and could halt the game!

Man, I knew there was something wrong... :)

VicoPad addict!

Captfx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good for you. I have 2 favorite teams. The Red Sox and anybody who beats the yankees. LOL.:)

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who would want to bring an iPad to a baseball game anyway? Go there to watch the game. I could just see people suing the Yankees because a foul ball destroyed their new iPad2.

Most reactions