What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New York Time's iPad Review

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
the_new_york_times_logo.jpg

The second iPad Review we ran across tonight was from The New York Times. The review was done by David Poque for actually two types of customers, "the Techies" and then "Everyone Else".

I don't really grasp his tech review at all. He basically goes out of his way to point out all the functions the iPad doesn't have, that we all know about, and have known since the iPad was unveiled January 27th. He ends the tech review with "The bottom line is that you can get a laptop for much less money — with a full keyboard, DVD drive, U.S.B. jacks, camera-card slot, camera, the works. Besides: If you’ve already got a laptop and a smartphone, who’s going to carry around a third machine?"

Again, I don't think Apple released the iPad to compete against a laptop, so reading this leaves me scratching my head thinking I could have done a much better review if given the chance :)

Now on to his Review for Everyone Else. This review tends to be much more positive and based more on what the iPad is and can do. He writes "The iPad is so fast and light, the multitouch screen so bright and responsive, the software so easy to navigate, that it really does qualify as a new category of gadget. Some have suggested that it might make a good goof-proof computer for technophobes, the aged and the young; they’re absolutely right."

Read the full review at: State of the Art - David Pogue?s Review of the iPad - NYTimes.com

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That does't really read like a review, just pandoring to both sides, lovers and detractors. The again he is doing the general public who does not keep up with tech blogs or news the service of illustrating what some basic critizisum is has pointed out from day one. Unfortunatly it does read like he had hands on and is only paroting apple press releases or what other reviewers wrote.

I get no sense that he actuall used one before writing that review.

Most reactions

Latest posts