What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The London Olympics 2012

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Post 2 re my visit to Stratford yesterday.

Here are some more impressions and photos. I,m typing this while Chris Evans is interviewing the Brownlee brothers. They did so very well, winning gold and bronze. I love their attitude, their brotherly camaraderie which once again embodies the true spirit of the Olympics.

Chris is playing "On Ilkley Moor Bar T'at" - Jazz version. What else ;) I will let someone else find the UTube link ;)

Sorry, not the one that Chris was playing, but here's a great boozy snip of bar tat!!! Delicious singing:) There is another version with a red-nosed bloke with a guitar but he's maudlin...

For the translation, we need one of those Yorkies who have beaten the Ozzies at the medal count.
Hooray:):):) Yorkies for King!!!....................and there are a few around here. Well done them:)

Last edited by a moderator:

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard, what a wonderful collection of photos!!!

They give an excellent feeling of the travelling and the being there in the park. Interesting mix of long panorama views & close up costumes, people & shops.

Love that walkway with the colourful murals! The railway itself also brightly painted...you can't call any sections of it the "engine" can you? Not like that old engine in one pic. And not like those "proper" big puffing billies that steamed through 'Erne 'Ill Station and every summer took our whole family on holiday to 'Erne Bay...(true!!!)

That whole area of London that was so dreadfully rundown before the Millennium Dome.

It seems very strange now that my thesis for Geography at college, many moons ago, was a study of **exactly** here-- the Isle of Dogs and the Greenwich Complex on the opposite bank of the Thames.

Two adjacent areas that couldn't have been more different from each other. I mapped it all in great detail then but now wouldn't recognise any of it. Makes it doubly fascinating for me!

Many thanks for posting them all.
Which camera did you use?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fabulous photos Richard!

Must be exciting seeing it all and feeling the vibe!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Another gold today for the Aussies too!

The Archangel

Thank goodness Gab!

They've been a long time coming!! But sure is nice and wasn't she so excited!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Thank goodness Gab!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

You got another in the sailing today.......it's a gold rush!

The Archangel

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
You got another in the sailing today.......it's a gold rush!

The Archangel

That one was a tad unusual........But oh so nice too! Wish it was a good rush though!

Still really enjoying it!

You guys are going great....loved Ennis, she's a true Champion that one!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
That one was a tad unusual........But oh so nice too! Wish it was a good rush though!

Still really enjoying it!

You guys are going great....loved Ennis, she's a true Champion that one!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

They all count so it's good to see the Aussies getting a few golds, it might keep the press off their backs when they get home! It seems that too many countries (including Britain) have forgotten the motto that goes something like.....it's not the winning that counts, it's the taking part!

The Archangel

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
They all count so it's good to see the Aussies getting a few golds, it might keep the press off their backs when they get home! It seems that too many countries (including Britain) have forgotten the motto that goes something like.....it's not the winning that counts, it's the taking part!

The Archangel

Yes it is wonderful seeing the Gold, and silver and bronze but it's so much more than just winning, I totally agree!

The press have been all over this and everyone's getting ticked off by it and moving away from mainstream coverage because of it.

There have been some good level headed articles never the less and some big questions will be asked at the end of it all.

I'm just enjoying watching it all and cheering whoever wins! They are all winners regardless!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Yes, it was just wonderful to see her funny reaction!!! Bully for her & for the Ozzies. About time more luck came your way. (Don't mean it about those Yorkies!!!)

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
I'm just enjoying watching it all and cheering whoever wins! They are all winners regardless!
iPad 2 3G 64gb

Absolutely. All the millions of decent Brits are feeling exactly like that. Magical!!

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The press can get crazy sometimes and start all kinds of problems. You would not believe all the fuss about Gabby Douglas' hair after she won the gold. Silly stuff.....I'm with the rest of you, I cheer for whoever the winner is. It's so exciting and I love to see the reactions to winning. The women's hurdle last night was a great example. I loved the reaction from the Australian winner. Great stuff.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mollysmom said:
The press can get crazy sometimes and start all kinds of problems. You would not believe all the fuss about Gabby Douglas' hair after she won the gold. Silly stuff.....I'm with the rest of you, I cheer for whoever the winner is. It's so exciting and I love to see the reactions to winning. The women's hurdle last night was a great example. I loved the reaction from the Australian winner. Great stuff.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Agree with everything you say. My favourite top reaction has to be the Brit women's double skulls (!). The face of one of the pair was incredible to watch as she didn't believe they had won. And she kept on not believing.....in her wide-open mouth, we could see right down to her navel!!! Brilliant:)

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought all the square eyes might like to see our Tigger. He's been watching night & day non stop, close up. But today he's starting to lose his bounce & needs a loo-break & a cuppa tea to revive him. He says he'll be back...& we believe him.

Attachments

• image-1139538993.jpg
    image-1139538993.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 116

Most reactions

Latest posts