What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The London Olympics 2012

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
stranding said:
Excellent advice.
But by the time all that's organised, it'll all be over...
As in, choices now reduced--Brit got the gold.
DH wants to watch velodrome.
Want marriage to continue.
Life's still a problem
:)

Split screen graphics card! Life's problems solved again. See after we discovered fire,
we got the gas bar-b-q.
AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Split screen graphics card! Life's problems solved again. See after we discovered fire,
we got the gas bar-b-q.
AA

Closely followed by obesity and heart attacks. Sometimes progress is not a good thing.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Mars will still be there when the Olympics is over. Enjoy the Olympics.

Yes except, don't forget the alien particle accelerator on the Martian moon Deimos.

That bad boy could fire a slow stranglet at Earth,
that would annihilate the planet from the inside out.

But that's purely speculative and not likely to occur before the Games conclude.

Well, probably not.

AA

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Mars will still be there when the Olympics is over. Enjoy the Olympics.

Yeah, my simple choice made because there's not any choice just now...

Especially for TeamGB who have just won the GOLD. For the Showjumping. For the first time in 60 years--- A Real Big Deal for all the horsey people here!
Be back after the medals....

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
stranding said:
Yeah, my simple choice made because there's not any choice just now...

Especially for TeamGB who have just won the GOLD. For the Showjumping. For the first time in 60 years--- A Real Big Deal for all the horsey people here!
Be back after the medals....

Yes, brilliant.

Could the alien particle accelerator on the Martian moon Deimos be aimed at the Big Brother house in England Admiral? Would you believe that there a inhabitants competing there? :(

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Last edited:

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
we got the gas bar-b-q.
AA

Watching all 3 teams doing a lap or two of honour. The horses are picking up the hysteria & getting dodgily excited, as they would. Calm down, for heaven's sake. Some of them are stallions. Whoa.

Still wiping my eyes. Not sure which sort of tears:)

OK. What were we on about? Box of matches? Half past three?

Think you will have to have a word with the boss. He's da man, as Kevin would so aptly put it.

Think it might have been Gabe who said that, not you Kevin? Shucks, don't want to get into any copyright infringement battles just now. Too busy:)

Last edited:

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Yes, brilliant.

Could the alien particle accelerator on the Martian moon Deimos be aimed at the Big Brother house in England Admiral? Would you believe that there a inhabitants competing there? :(

Yes. But not until said accelerator fires a singularity into the "Big Brother" house on this side of the pond. And with luck, the adjacent "Jersey Shore" house will sustain massive collateral damage.

This of course will happen when the contestants are away for a day of shopping.

Destroy the concept, not the hapless players,

;)

AA

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Yes. But not until said accelerator fires a singularity into the "Big Brother" house on this side of the pond. And with luck, the adjacent "Jersey Shore" house will sustain massive collateral damage.

This of course will happen when the contestants are away for a day of shopping.

Destroy the concept, not the hapless players,

;)

AA

Can't cope with collateral Big Brothers just now, life's too chockablock with precious met(d)als....

After the previous rowing & sailing golds, today the UK are doing brilliantly in both the show jumping and the cycling-- in the velodrome the rumour is that they are having to rush-mint more gold gongs:)

These are all our lazy "sitting down" sports, note.

Except that I have changed my mind about sailing being one of those. It's really hard work...just being able to watch them in soaked close-up is exhausting.

Have never thought rowing was easy. Not with my Olympic-rower cousin doing a demo in Henley Rowing Museum.

Same with the cyclists. "Quite hard work", when you come down to the nub:)

And riding too is of course Extremely Energetic. For a start, trying not to fall off is continuous hard graft--non-horsey folk just don't appreciate that. Then there's the business of pointing the horse in the right direction, not to mention the sweaty strain of persuading him to move....let alone trying to arrive at anything approaching a "shift your arse" mode.

No. Not idle sports at all, any of them.
:):):)

Last edited:
OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Stranding, you have summarised yesterday's events superbly ;) we found the show jumping really edge of the seat stuff.

If many more GB teams win gold, the Post Office will have to order in more gold paint. Forget the order for more medals : D

It's heartening to read about how sports fever is gripping the UK, with people trying out sports. I wonder how long that will last for, especially when the weather turns foul.

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have just heard that British pole vaulter Holly Bleasdale’s fiancé proposed to her shortly after she failed to clear the bar. She accepted

During the event, we could plainly see that she wasn't a happy bunny. However, the proposal must have changed her emotions :)

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
I have just heard that British pole vaulter Holly Bleasdale’s fiancé proposed to her shortly after she failed to clear the bar. She accepted

During the event, we could plainly see that she wasn't a happy bunny. However, the proposal must have changed her emotions :)

That's a warm "Ah, bless!" moment!

Watching 3 Brits doing well in the bike section of the men's triathlon. Stop press: Not raining!

There was a nasty wreck earlier between 2, apparently while going over a road hump "cover". Looked nasty with bodies & bike bits over the road but no other news yet.

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think GB is doing great in more than sit down sports. The medal count s rising.....:)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
the Brownlee brothers have done Yorkshire proud,in fact Yorkshire is doing very well.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
the Brownlee brothers have done Yorkshire proud,in fact Yorkshire is doing very well.

Is sheep shearing an olympic sport yet Ivy :p

Only kidding, let's hope that this rush of patriotism continues long after the games finishes, I can only speak as a Britain, but we have a lot to be proud of in this small group of Countries, lets hope a lot has been learned by those at the top. What we need is a nation we can be proud of, this could easily be achieved with more money going to worthy causes, hospitals, schools and sport, with less going to people who choose not to work and instead fill the over populated country with even more versions of themselves!!!

Sorry rant over, hurrah Great Britain ;-)

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is sheep shearing an olympic sport yet Ivy :p

Only kidding, let's hope that this rush of patriotism continues long after the games finishes, I can only speak as a Britain, but we have a lot to be proud of in this small group of Countries, lets hope a lot has been learned by those at the top. What we need is a nation we can be proud of, this could easily be achieved with more money going to worthy causes, hospitals, schools and sport, with less going to people who choose not to work and instead fill the over populated country with even more versions of themselves!!!

Sorry rant over, hurrah Great Britain ;-)
youre so right,i for one am sick to death of our taxes keeping idle scroungers who have no intentions of ever working,we do have a lot to be proud of but the Great has gone out of Britain,at least with the Olympics some pride has come back however long it lasts.

Most reactions

Latest posts