What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tethering I -pad to droid

araub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
Newbie here, I am trying to tether my droid to my new I-pad. I have down loaded PDA net (free version)to my droid but I can' t download it on my I- pad.Everytime I try to download from PDA net, safari is saying it can't download. I am sure I am overlooking something basic.

Thanks In Advance

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Have you rooted your droid? PDANet lets you tether via USB or bluetooth and ipad doesnt tether via bluetooth or USB as far as receiving internet.

you need to get the droid to share its network via wifi

Last edited:

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You won't be able to tether using Pdanet. You have to have a version of the software running on the computer that you are tethering. There is no app available for the ipad to enable this connection. You have two options.

1. Wait until you receive Android 2.2 (Froyo) over the air and then pay Verizon $20-25 a month to enable tethering.

2. Root your phone and download the official google wireless tether app.

I have my phone rooted and tether to my wifi iPad and it works surprisingly well. I have tested the speed with the speedtest.net app and get between 1-1.5 down while tethering.

Good luck!

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also available in the Market is "Wireless Tether for Root Users". Free app and it is a breeze to use. Used it all weekend with my laptop, iPad, and iPod sharing the connection.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also available in the Market is "Wireless Tether for Root Users". Free app and it is a breeze to use. Used it all weekend with my laptop, iPad, and iPod sharing the connection.

This is what I use as well with a 2.2 Froyo Droid.:D

alanek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to tether my Ipad to my droid fine until I updated to 2.2. Can you tell me your settings and whose version your using I've changed builds,kernals and baseband. They see each other, I get the 3 bars but cannot connect to anything.

Thanks for your help

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to tether my Ipad to my droid fine until I updated to 2.2. Can you tell me your settings and whose version your using I've changed builds,kernals and baseband. They see each other, I get the 3 bars but cannot connect to anything.

Thanks for your help

I am running Kangerade V1.0 with wireless tether app from the market (free) and so is my wife.....

Barnicle does not work with 2.2

Last edited:

alanek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't mind can you tell me if you are running the stock kernel? If not which one?
Also these are my settings
192.168.2.103 ip
255.255.255.0 subnet
192.168.2.254 router
192.168.2.24 dns
0r 192.168.2.24 dns

My Droid says I'm connected my Ipad shows I'm connected yet I cannot log on to anything. The circle is spinning non stop.

TIA
Alan

alanek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fixed it. On the Ipad under settings there is a reset button which lets you reset network settings. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts