What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad/Droid X tether

emaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have looked through here and don't see quite what I am looking for. I have a jailbroken iPad and a rooted Droid X. The Droid is rooted by a program called M4root or something like that. It works great, my ipad recognizes it and is pretty fast.

My question is this. IF I wanted to reset my iPad and essentially 'unjailbreak" it will my rooted Droid and tethering app still work OR does the iPad HAVE to be jailbroke also for any of it to work? After looking through Cydia and even trying a few things I realized I real don't have a ton of use for apps in general. Almost have a desire to just return to a nice clean OS on the iPad.

The MAIN reason I jailbroke in first place was to simply take advantage of my data plan on my Droid X without having to pay Verizon to use their wifi hotspot service. I jailbroke my Droid myself but a friend jailbroke the iPad.

Anyone thoughts or experience with this?

Rgu3t0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just clarify...you want still be able to connect to wifi on your iPad using your droid x as your wifi hotspot?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
emaw said:
I have looked through here and don't see quite what I am looking for. I have a jailbroken iPad and a rooted Droid X. The Droid is rooted by a program called M4root or something like that. It works great, my ipad recognizes it and is pretty fast.

My question is this. IF I wanted to reset my iPad and essentially 'unjailbreak" it will my rooted Droid and tethering app still work OR does the iPad HAVE to be jailbroke also for any of it to work? After looking through Cydia and even trying a few things I realized I real don't have a ton of use for apps in general. Almost have a desire to just return to a nice clean OS on the iPad.

The MAIN reason I jailbroke in first place was to simply take advantage of my data plan on my Droid X without having to pay Verizon to use their wifi hotspot service. I jailbroke my Droid myself but a friend jailbroke the iPad.

Anyone thoughts or experience with this?

If the wifi hotspot is on your droid, any iPad, jb or not, should be able to use it...
Hope that helps.

Carnut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should work fine, hot spot is a hot spot!
As long as you remember your network password.

Most reactions

Latest posts