What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Verizon Moto Droid Tether IPAD

martyh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am going to buy an I-PAD. I can't really afford the one I want (64GB, 3G) but I can afford the clams for the 64GB Wi-Fi. Most of the time I would be near a hot spot but for the times I am not, can I use my Verizon Moto Droid as a tether (with the right app installed) and/or a Verizon Mi-Fi to provide the broadband wireless capability?

TIA

OK, so I searched and found the answers about tethering, since I am at 2.2 on my phone I think that's out. So there's just the question about the Verizon Mi-Fi.

Last edited:

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, as Jake said, you can root your Droid and install the wifi app.. you can definitley use the myfi hotspot as access to internet. Infact I was in Bestbuy the other day and their internet was out for some reason so they had a bunch of myfi set for all the various devices including the iPads.

OP
martyh

martyh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, as Jake said, you can root your Droid and install the wifi app.. you can definitley use the myfi hotspot as access to internet. Infact I was in Bestbuy the other day and their internet was out for some reason so they had a bunch of myfi set for all the various devices including the iPads.

Good to know, thanks for the info.

Most reactions

Latest posts