What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking Long Time on "Prepare to Restore"

OP
Samuel Cabalza

Samuel Cabalza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As Johanna points out, the model number is on the back of the iPad. But that can be hard to read, especially if that part of the iPad has had some wear and tear.

You can also see your iPad's model number in Settings > General > About > Legal > Regulatory. At the very top.

The model number found on the main About page is internal, or something. I have no idea why Apple lists this model number in the iPad an now where else. I suspect it's more specific than the Axxx numbers, but that's just a guess.

Well i downloaded the right thing tho.. now what? Help please :(

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Any help/suggestions sir? Downloaded the right thing, double checked.. its right though... now what
Mickey330 gave you the link for the instructions in her last post. This should help restoring it to iOS 7.1.2, which is the latest software.

OP
Samuel Cabalza

Samuel Cabalza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 gave you the link for the instructions in her last post. This should help restoring it to iOS 7.1.2, which is the latest software.

WAY TO GO GUYS!
I wanna thank you all for helping me! Followed the instructions given and BOOM!

WELCOME TO IOS 7! YAY

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad to hear that things got sorted for you. And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts