What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't restore,iTunes fails every time!

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't restore,iTunes fails every time![solved! Mods please remove this thread]

Hello there!
I have been very interested to jailbreak when I first got my iPad but now I am over interested to restore it back to jailed form.So the first thing I did was download a 3.2.2 Ipsw from apple(my internet is damn slow so had to download that separately). I did the following:
- power up iPad
- power up iTunes(10 latest one)
- connect my ipad to pc
- iTunes detects it and I see my ipad in the list
- go to summary tab
- hit shitf+restore
- select the ipsw
- confirm
- iTunes verify the restore
- iTunes extract the ipsw
- iTunes suddenly send my ipad to recovery mode
- iTunes says preparing to restore iPad
Here is the problem
iTunes keeps into the preparing iPad for restore state forever and finally after an eternity(that's what it felt like) iTunes hits random error like counldnt restore iPad because this error occurred. Everytime it does the same thing,but only returns different errors,like first it gave 1612 then 1604 and then 1602. All these errors are relates to USB but I have usb2 with the most recent driver installed and I am connecting it directly,no hub.

So what am I supposed to do now? I am trying to remove and reinstall iTunes and see what happens.

P.S: I used umbrella to get my iPad out of recovery mode every time iTunes did that annoying job.

Last edited:

buggin44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i had a similar issue before and i deleted itunes and redownloaded it.

OP
I

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well what did you mean by similar? Please give some details, can be of great help to me. Thanks

buggin44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was trying to restore my ipod touch and would get to like the last 5% and hang every time. Deleted and redownloaded itunes and it went through like normal.

OP
I

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But then again my problem is that,the restore process never start at all,just stays in preparing iPad for restore state and then spit out an error after like 5 to 9 minutes.

Tahnks for your help anyways.

OP
I

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buggin44 man you saved me! I was so worried yesterday. It turns out to be that the usb2 driver that shipped from my motherboard vendor and the latest iTunes were both playing mischievous with me. I uninstalled iTunes redownloaded it and Installed back but the same,so I uninstalled the USB driver and reinstalled it but no good. Then I uninstalled both and let windows install the native USB driver. Then I redownloaded the latest iTunes but no good. So I downloaded the first iTunes 10,the one before the latest release,and installed my vendor supplied latest USB driver but still same. So Out of frustration I uninstalled the USB driver and let windows install the native driver.I thought just one last time,I tried the restore and then it happened! It restored my iPad finally and my ipad was up and running in no time completely restored to the new firmware!

So my problem is solved. Thanks to bugging again,if you didn't suggest a redownload then I would have lost all hopes.

Problem solved.

Most reactions