What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking Long Time on "Prepare to Restore"

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi willerz2,

I just tried the restore as you suggested with iTunes 11.0.5. No luck - it hangs at the "Preparing iPad for restore" part. :(

Any suggestions? Or should I just wait until I can get to an Apple store? (I'm traveling)

- 'Mage

I'm pretty sure you can not install iOS 7 with anything less than the 11.1 version of iTunes. Before I updated iTunes it did not even recognize that an update was available for the iPad when it was on iOS 6.1.3.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm pleased to report that I managed to get iOS 7 onto my iPad via a friend's computer.
Willerz2 and mickey330, thanks again for all your help!

- 'Mage

Well, never mind me then. All's well that ends well. :)

I should have finished reading the thread before responding.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can not install iOS 7 with anything less than the 11.1 version of iTunes. Before I updated iTunes it did not even recognize that an update was available for the iPad when it was on iOS 6.1.3.

Yup. But if you've downloaded the update previously on 11.1, or manually downloaded it, you can manually select the IPSW and restore. To interact with the iOS 7, the minimum is 11.1. To restore to iOS 7 requires 11.0 as a base.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yup. But if you've downloaded the update previously on 11.1, or manually downloaded it, you can manually select the IPSW and restore. To interact with the iOS 7, the minimum is 11.1. To restore to iOS 7 requires 11.0 as a base.

Ok, now I understand. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts