What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to restore jailbroken iPad 3 5.1.1

Vitex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iPad 3 in iOS 5.1.1 I want to restore it to iOS 6.1.2 not to 6.1.3.

I have downloaded iOS 6.1.2 I do right click+ shift on restore.

When I try to restore it with iTunes I get unknown error 3194. I have unchecked the box in tiny umbrella ( well I can't check it if I wanted to) I've tried to do it in dfu mode. I have also added the gs.apple.com code to the hosts file but nothing has worked.

Can any one tell what I must do in order to restore my iPad?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the only iOS you can restore that iPad to is iOS 6.1.3. There is no way to restore it to any other iOS version. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
V

Vitex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with my iPad I am just trying to upgrade to ios 6 and still be jailbroken.

OP
V

Vitex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I follow that redsn0w toturial and re-restore to 5.1.1. Would I then be able to use iTunes to update my iPad to iOS 6.1.2 or just iOS 6, it doesn't matter which.

OP
V

Vitex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I follow that redsn0w toturial and re-restore to 5.1.1. Would I then be able to use iTunes to update my iPad to iOS 6.1.2 or just iOS 6, it doesn't matter which.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, it is an alternative. You didn't mention why you needed to restore, so I provided another option. IF you have 5.1.1 blobs you can re-restore to 5.1.1 with a fresh jailbreak, or you can go to 6.1.3 without a jailbreak as Marilyn pointed out. That is all.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score

To put it simply, you cannot selectively restore on any iPads other than the iPad 1. The only exception is the iOS 5 re-restore feature for the iPad 2 and iPad 3. Outside of iOS 5, you cannot, under any circumstances, selectively restore to an iOS that's not the latest iOS.

basmantard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok i hope this question isn't answered already. i registered just to ask it. I have an ipad 3,1 iOS 5.1.1 which was updated from iOS 5.1 and I believe it was updated through Settings on the ipad. i guess thats what is called OTA update. My jailbroken (jailbroken with absinthe) ipad cannot download any sources, and things are just falling apart like big boss no longer works and i cant reload the sources no matter what i do (its just a gray question mark and when i try via cydia home screen it times out) SBS Settings has stopped working via the notifications drop down etc. i just want to a fresh jailbroken copy of iOS 5.1.1 i have tinyumbrella and it only has the blobs for 5.1.1 (9B206)

are there any options for me? how do i reinstall the jailbreak. I just want a fresh clean jailbroken ios 5.1.1

oh btw whenever i try the redsnow option i get an error message something about the ticket cannot be reused

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can try to re-restore iOS 5.1.1 on that iPad3. See this link for details: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=92572

I don't know if it'll work, given that you say you upgraded to iOS 5.1.1 via the over-the-air method. But - its your only way to try and won't hurt anything if it doesn't work. Because, it is your only option for a "clean jailbreak" as the only iOS you can restore to is iOS 6.1.3 (which is not jail breakable).

So, try it and see. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

basmantard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it didn't work =(

so since i upgraded from ios 5.1 to 5.1.1 OTA and i only have the blobs for 5.1.1 i guess i'm screwed

is there anyway to restore bigboss and romulo.us repos both have grey questionmarks?

PS is it possible to get back to iOS 5.1 without the blobs? or using the 5.1.1 blobs?

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, you cannot under any circumstances restore without SHSH blobs. The only iOS that can be restored without blobs is iOS 4.1, and the iPad 3 was released with iOS 5 stock, meaning iOS 4 never existed. Check this

basmantard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so im basically stuck in the water or i can upgrade to 6.3 lose everything and wait for a 6.3 jailbreak.

my biggest problem is the sources are messed up and i cannot download new mods. is there a help section on restoring broken/missing sources? is bigboss working ok? all of the bigboss options i have tried dont work. SSH ifile etc. its just a gray question mark and when i try to download anything using bigboss repo it times out. when i refresh sources bigboss times out as well. i think if i fix my sources problem i will be ok

basmantard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
now i just screwed myself even more.

i used rat to remove all tweaks and bigboss still wont install. it says host unreachable.

so now i LOST everything i had and can't get it back. ARRRRRR

MUTHER EFFER

Most reactions

Latest posts