What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Resolve Error 37 Restore iOS 5.0.1 on iPad 1

octavirawan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem when going to Restore an IOS 5.0.1 on my iPad.
Previously I was using IOS iPad 4.2.1 and I have tried to do a restore without creating a Custom IPSW, but in the iTunes window appears Error 3194.
Finaly I use iFaith 1.4.2 for Build Custom IPSW, and iReb for make my iPad to DFU Mode. When Restore Software to the iPad on iTunes window appears Error 37.
I have to repeat the process several times, but still appear it in iTunes window, and now my iPad didn't work.
Please help me about this problem.

Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The first question I have to ask is: Do you have SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1? Cause you can't create any custom IPSW unless you have those blobs.

Then, if I may be so bold to ask - is there a reason why you don't connect your iPad to iTunes and upgrade it to the pastes iOS (5.1.1)? You can jail break that version (if that is your desire) and, again, it's the most current. Plus, I understand that iOS 5.1.1 works better on the iPad1 versus 5.0.1. Oh, and the iOS 5.1.1 is an untethered jail break, which makes it better or easier...

I say all the above because I have no idea why you are receiving the errors. But, rather than trying to diagnose a problem in getting old iOS firmware to work, my suggestion is to upgrade to the newest. F that's not want you wish, maybe someone can come along and help with your specific problem. And, I'm sorry to not be of more help.

Marilyn

OP
O

octavirawan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the information given to me by the moderator.
I have SHSH blobs iPad 1 my self, and I try to use it to iPad 1 my wife (error 37 on iTunes).
It seems like a SHSH blobs can only be used by peripheral devices, and can not be used for the other device.
That's true ???

I will try to upgrade to ios 5.1.1 iPad 1 my wife.
And I will post the result of it.

Many thanks for the advice given to me.

Regards,
Octavirawan

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
octavirawan said:
Thank you very much for the information given to me by the moderator.
I have SHSH blobs iPad 1 my self, and I try to use it to iPad 1 my wife (error 37 on iTunes).
It seems like a SHSH blobs can only be used by peripheral devices, and can not be used for the other device.
That's true ???

I will try to upgrade to ios 5.1.1 iPad 1 my wife.
And I will post the result of it.

Many thanks for the advice given to me.

Regards,
Octavirawan

You can't share blobs, they are specific to each iPad.

The Archangel

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to restore 5.1.1. That is the current version and will avoid the errors you are seeing. 5.1.1 can also be jailbroken with redsn0w, so no worries there.

Please search the site. We have tutorials and guides which help you with all this stuff, including avoiding error 3194.

But just connect your iPad to iTunes (make sure you are running the latest), and press restore. That will get 5.1.1 on there.

If you still run into problems, follow this guide - TUTORIAL - Failsafe method to restore the current version of IOS

Most reactions

Latest posts