What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So how many of us don't have an iPhone?

edge7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had zero exposure to Apple products, but the iPad, I just couldn't resist. I have had AT&T for a long, long time and I can't complain, I usually get descent coverage and I travel a lot. I opted for the 3G version to keep things simple. Question: Can you tether and use your 'Droid as a phone at the same time?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No iPhone, 100% Android here (Droid and N1) for now... hope to add an Incredible soon.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Palm Pre. Been multi taksing since June 09. Too bad it looks like Palm is going down the tubes.

Actually palm does not multitask...it task switches to save states and allows primitive background operations...which is what Apple mobile OS needs.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No iPhone, no iPod Touch.

I have an ordinary cellphone for emergencies which I use less than 5mins a month.
My son has an iPod Touch that I find great but too small for me to use.

For a bigger screen and the same price as an iPhone when you pay up front, I prefer the iPad...:)

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the way all my stuff like calendars sync across my ipad, iphone and mac.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am on VZW with three lines. I use a Blackberry Storm (the worst touch screen interface on the planet). I am not up for renewal for many months but I am sure they will offer me an upgrade in a couple of months. For those of you on VZW with a Droid is there additional cost to tether your Ipad? I might have to go that way if the Iphone coming to VZW does not allow it.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a 3GS for two months, but it was entirely too terrible to bear so I ditched it. Now with a Nexus One (which is amazing, but T-Mo sucks) and waiting for the HTC EVO in a month or two.

my contract is up at the end of may and i was wondering to keep the apple iphone or go over to the nexus one with the verizon service with buying the unit outright and haveing them chip the unit ..

but if verizon brings out the apple iphone set up through them ..i would switch over to them..but right now at&t sucks for it really a major pain in the butt in some areas.. for i get a lot of drop calls when traveling in some area of the L.A area when down there working ..

skrat982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a Droid that I love!!! 2.1 on Droid and received iPad on the same day. What a weekend. Been playing with toys ever waking moment.:D

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Storm 2 an liked it just fine until I got the iPad. Now I am jonesing for An iPhone for sure. I will switch the moment that Verizon gets the iPhone. I think it will be interesting to we the effect that ipad has for swithing people to iPhones. I would not have considered it without the iPad.

-Greg

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An article said that any of the networks that handle 3G will be able to connect with the iPad via the mifi concept that each offer. The catch is that you need a smart phone and service plan. If you already use a data service, you do not need to deal with the AT&T offer, but considering the battery life of most phones and mifi units, it would not be a great solution for everyone.

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MiFi here all the way. AT&T is the only thing stopping me from an iPhone. Verizon should see several new CDMA iPhones by end of the year or early next.

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
Nexus One (TMobile Edition) but I use at&t. So I'm stuck with very slow Edge... but the phone is incredibly fast! The Android operating system is pretty slick also.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Company provided Palm Pro with Sprint provider and Sprint MiFi 3G/4G portable router. The Sprint MiFi really rocks.

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I own an iPhone, but only had it because I was working out of the country for a bit and it worked great in the city.

Now that I'm back in the states and travel all over VZW is the way to go. I have a Droid and I too feel that it's the best of both worlds :D

Most reactions

Latest posts